Thursday, June 06, 2013

New Directions Aromatics Haul


Good morning, dear readers!! :D

Yesterday I got my order in from New Directions Aromatics!!!  WOOOOO (so excited! XD)


If you aren't familiar with NDA, they are a wholesale supplier of all sorts of goodies!!  They have a ton of essential oils, carrier oils, absolutes, and a whole lot of ingredients for making your own cosmetics and bath and body products.  They even wholesale containers and bottles!

They have wonderful quality products for really affordable prices.  This is my second order with them, and they have not let me down yet.  :D  If you are interested, I suggest giving there website a look (they have websites for different areas of the world).  Oh, and shipping was really decent too!  It didn't cost too much (I think $16 CAN for UPS, and my order was 11.30 pounds), and I got my order within 3 business days (I placed my order on Saturday and got it at around 2 p.m. on Wednesday).


I purchased 19 essential oils and one absolute, some frankincense granules, 2 litres of fractionated coconut oil (the two bottles combined came up to like $12.50 CAN) and a bunch of small glass bottles and caps (both regular and with pipettes).

I am really looking forward to experimenting with these oils and creating my own fragrances and massage blends. :D

I think my next order with them will consist of some more carrier oils (tsubaki, rice bran) and some other ingredients for skin care (seaweed powder, banana powder, vitamin c... the list goes on XD).

Just a comparison: for a higher end bottle of pure, organic argan oil at Sephora, it costs around $58 CAN for 50 ml.  At NDA, a bottle of pure, organic argan oil costs $14.17 Can for 100 ml.  (I've used it before and it is great!).  You can buy a lot of their products in sample sizes (ie. the argan 100 ml bottle) and industrial sizes (20 Litres of argan oil), so you get wholesale prices for even small orders.

They also offer a lot of information on their website about the different products that they carry (country of origin, how it is made, what it is made of, what the products are good for, toxicity and cautions, what concentrations of said product are usually used when making your own products).  Very resourceful and interesting, and it really helps you to decide what products suit your needs best.

Now to end this rave, I will say that I am not in any way endorsed by NDA, and I bought every product shown above with my own money.  I am just extremely pleased with the company and their products, and I wanted to share my experience with you.  :)

Have a fantastic day, my friends!

-Ashesela

(P.S., they packaged everything really well with a lot of bubble wrap.  No breakages here!)

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've been to their store in Australia - so many things I wanted to buy! Looking forward to seeing what you make :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ LabMuffin: So awesome!! :D Thank you very much :)

    @ Lisa N.: Thank you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that you had a great experience with them. Love their reasonable shipping rates! $16 to send more than ten pounds is really, really good these days. It sounds like their product prices are really good, too (yay!). I'll definitely have to give their site a visit! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Jessica: Thank you :D I really love their stuff and their store!! I hope that if you order from them that you have a great experience too!!

    @ drinkcitra: Thank you so much!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this company! Interesting products and great prices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. argan oil is really great for hair. It is really great for women.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...