Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Lush Sympathy for the Skin


Good afternoon, dear readers!

Today I am reviewing Lush Sympathy for the Skin.  This is a hand and body lotion, which comes in a 240 g tub and retails for $26.95 CAN.

(The tub is a little beat up from my carrying it around with me)

Oh.my.gosh.

I LOVE this soooo much!!!  This is a wonderful light moisturizer, with an intoxicating vanilla, sandalwood, and labdanum scent.



Sympathy has these ingredients:

Vanilla pod infusion, almond oil, fair trade cocoa butter, fresh bananas, stearic acid, glycerine, triethanolamine, sandalwood oil, lemon oil, labdanum resinoid, cetearyl alcohol, limonene, perfume, methylparaben, propylparaben.

This has a lighter texture and isn't as moisturizing as Charity Pot, but I prefer it (because it smells devine and I really like how it has fresh bananas in it!! :D)

I figured that the pot wouldn't last me very long, and I was very wrong.  I use it mainly on my hands and arms, and it has lasted a lot longer that I would have expected (I bought this tub in the end of February and I still have some left in it).



The one thing that bothers me about the Lush packaging, is that if you accidently tip a tub over on its side, this can happen:


Uugh, I hate that!! A bit of a mess and a waste of some precious Lush product!  However, I still enjoy that they use tubs instead of bottles (I know a lot of people don't like that because of santitary issues, but I don't mind). :D

One thing that seems to be an issue with some people using Sympathy, is that there are small banana and vanilla pieces in the cream, which will stick to your skin after you rub it in.  However, I find that they don't stick that well, and get brushed off really easily. :)


(I tried to get a close up of some of the bits, but it didn't work out so well.)

This is one of my all-time favourite Lush products, and I will continue to use it for as long as I can.  I have an un-opened tub on my shelf that I got shortly after purchasing this one (it really does last longer than I thought!)

Have you used Sympathy for the Skin before?  If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Have an awesome day!! :D

-Ashesela

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great product! Never tried this but I'll have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. I never smelled this one yet. :) It sounds lovely. I love Lush products. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing! It's been on my wishlist for a while :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, what an appealing mixture of scents! I so love perfumes, lotions, shampoos, etc with vanilla in them (especially because I find they compliment my usual perfume, Dior Hypnotic Poison, really nicely).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mm sounds like a great moisturizer :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lush! I have never tried any of their moisturisers before, but now I'm excited to try one of them :)
    xoxo
    Suzanne from written by suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Lisa N: Ooh I recommend this one so much!!! :D

    @ Sarah Lynn: Me too!! :D Definately give this one a smell next time you are in Lush (it smells even better warmed up on the skin :D)

    @ OPI Addict: It is fantastic!! I hope that you like it as much as I do!! :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: Me too!! :D Vanilla is one of my all-time favourite scents!! :D

    @ drinkcitra: I love it so much!! XD

    @ Suzanne S: I definately recommend trying this one :D It isn't too heavy, and it smells divine XD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...