Lavanila Pure Vanilla Perfume Review

Sunday, June 09, 2013


Good morning, dear readers! :D

As I have been *attempting* to create my own perfumes, I was once more swept away to the realm of olfactory discovery.  Every now and then I get obsessed with fragrance, as scent is a very important sense to me.  Even as a child I would wander the supermarket picking up random foods and just smelling them.

About an hour ago I decided to put on some Lavanila Pure Vanilla perfume, as I was wearing sandalwood essential oil (in a carrier oil) to test it out, and it turns out I am not as fond of straight sandalwood as I had previously thought.  I will definately be blending that one.  (In case you are wondering, it is real east indian sandalwood, so it is not the essential oil quality but my own personal tastes that are affecting my decision on it :D).



Right now I am taking long whiffs of my wrist, utterly enjoying the heady vanilla deliciousness that is Pure Vanilla.

(I honestly do not know why they name this one Pure Vanilla, as it has notes of patchouli, tonka been, freesia and heliotrope in it along with the vanilla.)

I got this perfume a few years ago at Sephora for $58 CAN, during the Christmas season.

While I am not the best at detecting some notes in a perfume, this vanilla fragrance has a warm and almost spicyness to it.  While there are flower notes, I cannot isolate them from the whole.  I think this is an absolutely wonderful combination of scents.



When I first bought this I was expecting a more vanilla vanilla.  Kind of a more sweet, fake vanilla scent.  Upon initial exposure to the top notes I was a bit turned off (it may be the patchouli).  Afterwards the scent dried down to a more familiar and warm vanilla, with an almost chocolatey essence.  I LOVE the dry down, but nowadays I can appreciate the beginning of the fragrance as well (I guess my preferences have changed quite a bit in the last couple years).

I remember wearing this perfume for Christmas a couple years ago, and my boyfriends Mom asked what smelled like chocolate/cookies.  :D

However, do note that it is not what some would consider a 'childish' vanilla (not that I have any problems with those!!  Love the candy sweetness! :D), but a more mature and well rounded one.  The different notes combine with the vanilla to provide a beautiful and complex experience.

If I could choose only one word to describe this fragrance, it would be 'warm'.

Have you tried any of the Lavanila perfumes?  If so, what were your thoughts on them?

Have a wonderful day!!

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful scent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so heavenly! Vanilla is probably my favourite scent, sweet or not. I can't do flowery perfumes, but a spiced vanilla is always, always YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this brand but that vanilla perfume sounds amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first bottle of perfume (technically a cologne) I was ever given as a youngster (somewhere around the age of 10 from one of my aunts for Christmas) was Vanilla Fields. I loved the scent and I really think that experience created a lifelong love of vanilla infused scents in me, because I still reach for them them to this day. This sounds precisely like a scent I would adore - thank you very much for the introduction.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the smell of vanilla. you are so good at describing scents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mm I love the way you describe the scent! Sounds like it smells delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lahhhhv vanilla fragrances (both young and old types, haha!) I like getting rollerballs so I can buy all the perfumes, so I think I might look for this next time I'm at a Sephora!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Lisa N: I really enjoy it!! :D

    @ Elizabeth: vanilla has always been a favourite of mine too!!! :D

    @ Laura: If you do get a chance to use it, I hope you like it!!! :D

    @ Jessica: My pleasure!!! :D That perfume you were given sounds so lovely! :D

    @ LittleMonsterx14: Really???! Thank you so much!!! :D

    @ drinkcitra: Thank you very much!! :D I do love the scent!! :D

    @ Lindsey R: Oh I hope you like it too!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D