Ottawa Comic Con 2013

Tuesday, May 14, 2013


Good afternoon, dear readers! :D

Wow, this weekend totally rocked!  I had an awesome time at the Ottawa Comic Con!

I got to shake hands with Kevin Sorbo (yay Hercules!), and I said to him "you are awesome," to which he replied "I am awesome!" XD  He was funny! :D

I also got to shake hands with Michael Shanks (wheee!!).  I dressed up as a Goa'uld, and when I asked him if I could shake his hand, he said "do you want me to shake the hand with the device?" (I was wearing an awesome kara-kesh/ribbon device that my sister and father made for me, as I am horrible at costuming.  So when we shook hands he pretended to get zapped from it, which was pretty awesome! :D  He was also very polite. :)

And last but certainly not least, I met with Manu Bennett and chatted with him for a bit.  I asked him how his first Canadian convention was going, and he said that he was really enjoying it.  I asked to shake his hand, and he said "sure... and cuddles!" and then he gave me a hug *squeeeeeeeeee!!!!*  I got him to autograph a photo for me, and I said "can I ask you a favour?  Could you write 'Jupiters cock' on it?" XD  He asked me to repeat myself heheh and then when I did he looked very surprised.  But I got it!! >:D
Before I left I got another hug from him and he kissed my cheek.  WOOOOO!
That man is SO nice, and he is even more handsome in real life than on television or in photos.  He was a real gentleman.  While I was waiting to talk with him, there was a man ahead of me with his son, who was dressed as spider-man.  Manu asked the kid if he could have a photo with him, and he brought out his cell phone and took a couple photos of the two of them together.  It was really sweet!

So if you ever get the chance to meet with Manu, I HIGHLY suggest that you do.  He is a real dear (and so handsome to boot!!) :D

Now for some photos:




















I am so excited for next years Comic con!!!  

This year I was very out of shape (for various reasons), but I am going to bust my ass (seriously hard!) so I can have a smokin' bod by next year.

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. All kinds of awesome! I want to go one of these years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ MB: I hope that you get the chance to go!!! :D It was so much fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD! Your hat is a freakin TARDIS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like such an awesome experience! I wouldn't classify myself as much of sci-fi/comic book (save for Archies :)) kind of gal, but I do adore costumes in almost any contest and bet I'd have a blast there, too. Thanks for sharing these super fun pics!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Gnarly Gnails: Hahha, that isn't me XD But I do love her costume!!! :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: My pleasure!! :D (I grew up reading Archie comics too!! XD)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg how fun!! Aw your experiences with them sound so nice! I want to go to somic con some day...great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh that all sounds awesome! I'd get nervous around those Daleks, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ drinkcitra: Thank you so much!!! :D I hope that you get a chance to go too!!! :D

    @ Lindsey R: Hahaha they were so awesome!! They moved around talking and "exterminate!"-ing :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad you had such a great time, i love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ LittleMonsterx14: Thank you so much!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D