Twinsie Tuesday - Marching Orders and Mardi Gras Manicure and Art (Big Post!)

Tuesday, February 12, 2013


Good morning, dear readers! :D

This post is going to be a bit long, as it is both Twinsie Tuesday and Mardi Gras.

For this edition of Twinsie Tuesday, we were to do a manicure that another Twinsie asked us to do.

I was tasked with the theme "diamonds are a girls' best friend" from Jamie, so here is my take on that:




For this I started with a franken my sister made called Permafrost (I love it!! :D), and then dipped the tips in a pot of whitish iridescent glitter.  After that I stuck on some rhinestones and covered it all in top coat.

Here is my Mardi Gras mani, which was a bit messy but I also made it at like 1 a.m.:




For this I used a base of China Glaze Coconut Kiss and then I added some China Glaze Glitter All The Way (when I got it at Christmas time I said it reminded me of Mardi Gras so I had to use it XD).  I then painted splotches of Coconut Kiss at the ends of the nails and dipped them in purple bar glitter. I finished with some golden beads to represent necklaces.  :D

I also decorated a couple false nails for this very occasion:







Don't forget to check out the other Twinsies for their marching orders:

Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jamie at Polish, Please!
Katherine at Haul of Fame

Have a wonderful day!!! :D

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Wow, the "Glitter All The Way" looks incredible over that color. I thought it was multi-color flakies at first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really glammed it up on both fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these nails!

    http://www.cristinasurdu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!!!! I Love both of these! Fab job and great theme Jamie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ LittleMonsterx14: Thank you so much!!! :D <3

    @ Tharvey: :D Thank you so much!!!

    @ Marisa: Thank you very much Marisa!! <3

    @ Amanda: :D Thank you!!!! :D

    @ Cristina Surdu: Thank you so much Cristina!! :D

    @ Maribeth: :’D Thank you so much Maribeth!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go with those marching orders!!! I just ADORE it!!! So much sparkle and glitter! :) Your mardi gras mani is awesome, too! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW these manis are magnificent and the mardi gras themed nails are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both so ridiculously amazing! I love all the sparkles!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, all of these are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is so much gorgeous awesomeness in this post! I love the elegant diamond mani so much. It makes me think of something MM would wear if you transported her to the 21st century.

    Happiest Mardi Gras and Valentine's Day wishes, dear Ash!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Jamie: Thank you so much!!! :D I am so glad you like it!!! :D <3

    @ Norelis Ocasio: :’D Thank you so much Nory!!

    @ Chelsea: :D Thank you very much Chelsea!!

    @ Tara: :’D Thank you so much!!!

    @ Jenna Froggy: :’D Thank you Jenna!!!

    @ Cordia: :D Thank you so much!!! <3

    @ Anne Thompson: :D Thank you very much Anne!!

    @ Meredith: Thank you so much Meredith!!

    @ Jessica Cangiano: Thank you so much Jessica!!! <3 Happy Mardi Gras and Valentine’s Day!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omigosh, Ash, so much love. Your diamond-theme nails are so pretty, and I can not get over these fabulous Mardi Gras nails! Totally perfect glitter/beads combination, and I literally gasped at how beautiful the mask nails are. Love, love, LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously, Ash...you are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D