Monday, February 04, 2013

January Empties

Good evening, dear readers!

I am a little bit late with this post, but late is better than never!
Here are my January empties, and my thoughts on the products I used up.

You can also watch the video version on YouTube here.

Here is the group shot:


Sally Hansen Kwik Off Acetone Free Nail Colour Remover:


I used to love this stuff!!  You just stuck your finger in it, swirled in a circular motion, and most of your nail polish would be removed.  Unfortunately I think it is crap now, due to the extremely flimsy sponge in it that disintegrates in a very short amount of time.  I don't think I will repurchase this. :(
Here is a photo of the sponge... ugh!


Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 Volume Developer:


I love this!!!  It is great for my sensitive scalp, and I could really notice a difference when I used this with the Ion Sensitive Scalp bleach.  I highly recommend this, and I will buy it again!! :)  I got mine at Sally's Beauty Supply.

China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat and Sally Hansen Nail Quencher Hydrating Cuticle Cream:


Fast forward is still my favourite top coat :D.  I go through about one per month/two months.  I will continue to purchase this, over and over again. ^-^

The Sally Hansen cream came with a base coat, which I picked up at the dollar store.  I am not a fan of the smell and I have so many other creams that I do like, so I am getting rid of this one.  I would not repurchase this.

Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Balm:


I think this is an absolutely wonderful product!!  I got this and another one for my birthday at Sephora last year, and it has lasted me a looong time.  It is very hydrating and gives a lovely red tinge to the lips.  It also smells and feels amazing, and you really need only a little at a time.  However, it is about $25 for the full size, and I think that is an exorbitant amount of money for a lip balm, as I have found other cheaper solutions to treat my dry lips.  I doubt I would purchase this.

Wella Color Charm Extra Mild Toner in White Lady:


This toner is fantastic and it works amazingly well (it is also rather cheap)!!!  I have recently bleached my hair blonde and I wanted to go a whiter blonde.  I left this in a bit too long and it turned parts of my hair silver, which actually looked awesome!!!  As the silver faded my hair turned more white, then more yellow as time went on (because I didn't do any upkeep).  This was bought a few years ago at Sally's so it is in the old packaging.  I will definitely buy this again!  If you are looking for a great toner, I highly recommend this one.

Manic Panic Virgin Snow Toner:


This is another great toner that worked really well on my hair (although not quite as well as the Wella one).  However, I had to use half of the jar per application, and although my hair is thick, it is really short, and so I imagine that a lot of people would have to use the whole jar on their hair.  At around $13-14, this is too expensive an option for me.  I don't think I will buy it again because of the price.

Beyond Belief Vanilla Joy Lotion:


I LOVE this moisturizer!!  Sally's Beauty Supply comes out with these for Christmas, and I keep picking different ones up.  It is one of my all-time favourite moisturizers, and that is saying a lot since I have used tons.  They retail for about $2, but get dropped down to 99 cents after Christmas.  I would definitely buy this again!

The Body Shop Rainforest Nutrition Shampoo:


This was a really pleasant shampoo to use.  I got it in one of their travel sets, which also included a comb, conditioner, and a hair mask.  This cleans well and smells like Play-Doh to me, which I like since it brings back a comforting feeling for me from my childhood.  I would repurchase. :D

Sexy Girl Sweet Sugar Scrub:


This was a delightful scrub, but there were a few things I really didn't like about it.  While it scrubbed wonderfully well and smelled amazing (like pears), the whole package was about 1/3 full of product!! They really couldn't fill it up all the way?  Seriously?

I didn't notice how empty it was until I got home, since the sugar is rather heavy so I thought it was full.  It also burst open the top of the container when I used it, as it was too thick to go through the hole at the other end.  It was also $14 or so, so for that price I got a really piddly amount.  I will not repurchase this.

Asience Shampoo and Philosophy The Gingerbread Man Body Wash:


I got the Ascience shampoo in a Chinese magazine that I bought and I thought it was wonderful!!  It smelled so good, and I would purchase this if it was available near me and I couldn't buy my beloved Shiseido Tsubaki Head Spa shampoo anymore. XD

I got the sample of body wash at Sephora.  While I love the scent of the Gingerbread Man scrub, I find that I don't like the scent of the body wash that much.  I will not purchase it.

PHEW!!!!

There we go!  I am proud of myself for finishing so many products last month :D

I hope that you have an awesome day!!

-Ashesela 

7 comments:

  1. Ok, if you used to love the Sally Hansan kuik-off, you *have* to try this product from Target: http://goo.gl/Pw3h7
    Instead of a sponge, it has a plastic, sort-of-spiky inside... it's hard to describe, and sounds sort of weird, but it's perfect for quick polish removal, and does an excellent job at removing glitter-bomb manicures. More importantly, since it's not a spongy inside, it won't tear apart over time, and you can just refill it with more remover as needed.
    If you hav a Target nearby, I highly recommend trying this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried the manic panic in virgin snow and it was pretty good, but if you are looking for a fab toner check out Goldwell Soft Colour in Violet Blonde, it's like a colour mousse - it does not dry out your hair like the wella toner did for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha way to use em till the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! You finished so much this month :) I love to read empties posts!!
    xoxo
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jessica: Thank you so much for the recommendation!! That sounds really cool!! :D I can’t wait until we get a Target where I live (in Canada), which should be soon. Woooooo!!

    @ drinkcitra: :D!!!

    @ gl0ssy: Thank you so much for letting me know about this! :D! Anything to save my dry, dry hair >.<

    @ Raine: Thank you :D!!!

    @ Suzanne: Thank you so much, Suzanne!! I love empties posts too!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd been using that same Sally nail polish remover for years, but noticed a few months ago that the sponge was deteriorating a whole lot faster, too. I may still keep a jar on hand, but will be looking for other similar products with longer lasting sponges.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...