Revlon Sunshine Sparkle Glitter Sandwich

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Good afternoon, dear readers!

Today I have a glitter sandwich manicure to show you, using Revlon Sunshine Sparkle and Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday:







I got the idea for this look from Lavender Parfait, when she did this manicure. :D

I think Sunshine Sparkle is one of the most beautiful yellows I have ever seen (which is saying a lot since yellow is one of my least favourite colours), but the formula is just so bad!!

It was a horribly streaky mess that at four coats was still streaky!!  I had read reviews on it before wearing it but a small part of me hoped that maybe my bottle would be different... nope.  Streaky mess.

Oh well, you can't win them all.

Have you tried Sunshine Sparkle?  If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Have a wonderful weekend!!

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Cute, cute, CUTE! Of course I love the glitter, and this is such a beautiful shade of yellow! That formula, though...sad face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this polish, but its a lovely shade! I gotta keep my eye out for it

    gl0ssi.blogspot.ca
    150 follower giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this kind of yellow - and the glitter sandwich is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the combo! It reminds me so much of the similarly butter yellow hued Formica tables of the 1950s. So fun, sweet and pretty!!!

    Thank you deeply, dear Ash, for you wonderfully sweet comment on my wig reveal post, it means so much to me.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the blog comments! Love following your blog and seeing all the pretty nail colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so awesome! it looks like it could be an indie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really beautiful (and I'm also not a huge fan of yellow) but yeah, the formula is terrible. But I keep my bottle because it's just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find yellow such a frustrating colour to work with too. It's my least favourite colour but this one looks great in you. I love a glitter sandwich :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This mani is adorable! It sucks that the formula is so bad, the color is phenomenal

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Elizabeth: I am so glad you like this mani!! :D Yeah, big sad face for the crappy formula : (

    @ gl0ssy: I’m glad you like it!! :D But beware of the formula!!

    @ Maria: Aw thank you so much, Maria!!

    @ Jessica: Thank you so much for always being so sweet!!! :D

    @ Jamie: Thank you very much!! :D I wish I could take credit for it XD

    @ Sarah: Thank you so much for your lovely comment!!! :D

    @ LittleMonsterx14: Thank you!!! :D It reminds me of vanilla cake batter with sprinkles!

    @ Amanda: Hahah I am the same!! I will keep mine because it looks so pretty but yeah, horrible formula!

    @ Lou: Thank you so much!! :D I’ll need to make more sandwiches!! :D

    @ Norelis: Thank you so much Nory!! Yeah, Sunshine Sparkle is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What cute nail polish. It looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't tried it but I want to just to recreate this mani :) even despite the horrible formula

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D