Saturday, January 05, 2013

Resolutions for 2013

Good morning, dear readers!

I hope that everyone has had a great start to 2013!  I keep wanting to write 2012, so that will take some getting used to! XD

Like every other year, I have personal resolutions for 2013 that I hope will come to fruition, and I wanted to share these aspirations with you.  I have both personal resolutions and ones for my blog, and here they are in no particular order:

For Art Evolve:
1. I hope to make more nail art, and try new techniques (and ones I have previously failed at, like water marbling! XD)
2. Expand my range of posts to include more types of cosmetics (but of course keep up with nail polish!) and other fun things
3. Create more video posts on YouTube
4. Create a Facebook page for my blog (already done, you can view it here :D)
5. Continue to be more active on different media sites (Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest)
6. Work my way through my untrieds and post the swatches!
7. Monthly empties posts (to help me be less wasteful, and to give my personal reviews on the products I used)

Personal Resolutions
1. Eat better, and eat less (on day five of healthy eating and going strong!) :)
2. Exercise!! (Ugh!)
3. Lose weight (I hope to lose a significant amount by August, which is very doable, especially if I keep up with my first two resolutions!)
4. Cut down on smoking (I would love to quit, but instead of setting myself up for failure, I will take tiny steps.  If I manage to quit smoking this year that would be awesome!!)
5. Spend less on cosmetics (nail polish *cough*.  But seriously, I have so many types of products just sitting in my room, waiting to be used.  I keep wanting more nail polishes but I have plenty that are still in my untrieds drawer!)
6. Buy myself some clothes that fit (I HATE spending my money on clothes!!  I'd rather buy a new lipstick or bottle of polish, but because of that I have almost no clothes that I can wear right now!)
7. Continue to work on coping with my mental illnesses (trying new ways to cope with my obsessive compulsive disorder, depression, my eating disorders, generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder and ADHD)
8. Spend more time outside, and less on the computer!
9. Stop being so lazy!
10. Try to have more of a social life, maybe...

I'm sure more resolutions will creep up on me, but these are the main ones I have right now. :)

What are some of your resolutions for 2013?

Have a wonderful day!!

-Ashesela

10 comments:

  1. Aw great resolutions, Ash! Spending less on cosmetics and being more healthy is on my list too! Good luck with everything! I know you can do it!
    I'm excited to see more YouTube vids from you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good onya girlfriend, hope these work out for u. And from a reformed smoker (6 yrs and counting), u realise that it takes about 5 to 7 times quitting to finally succeed? So don't b too hard on ur self, it will come when ur ready. I had to have an operation and just decided that was it, I don't want to smoke when I come out of hospital and never have! It doesn't stop me dreaming at night about it tho. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resolutions Ashesela, good luck sticking to them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god I never stick to mine so ended up giving up on them a few years back! Good luck.

    If you are serious about quitting smoking you should try this book and cd: Quit Smoking Today it worked wonders for my husband, a man I never though would EVER quit! The same guy also does one on weight loss which really works cos I've used that!

    I have resigned myself to the fact that I'll not stop wanting more polish. There is no point in fooling myself hehe! I don't wear make up, I have half a drawer of stuff and that's it. I only really do polish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great resolutions! I truly hope that, though taking care of yourself and immersing yourself in the things you love, you can find freedom from ED/anxiety/depression. I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to see what Art Evolve has in store for 2013! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sound like wonderful resolutions and I wish you all the best in the new year. I love your blog and feel like you come across as such an amazing person, it feels like I know you in real life.

    Some of those resolutions I really should try too.. spend less on cosmetics (*cough cough*) not gonna happen haha!

    Keep up the great positive attitude and pretty posts!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck on all your goals! i know you will accomplish them

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ drinkcitra: Thank you so much!!! :D I wish you the best of luck with your resolutions!!! :D

    @ finefingers: That is so awesome that you quit!!! :D Thank you so much for the words of encouragement :D!!!

    @ Laura: Thank you so much!!! :D

    @ Ananka: Thank you so very much for the suggestion, that sounds right up my alley! One of the problems I have when I stop smoking is weight gain, so this sounds perfect!! :D Congratulations to your husband, that is really awesome that he quit!!!
    Nail polish is the main purchase for me too, so I completely understand where you are coming from :D

    @ Jamie: Thank you so, so much Jamie, that really means so much to me!! I really wish you the absolute best !!

    @ Emily: :’D Thank you so much!!!! You are so sweet, and I really appreciate your kind words :’D!!! Hahhaha, I know it is so hard not buying cosmetics!! XD Aw, thank you again! :’D

    @LittleMonsterx14: :D Thank you so much!!!!

    @ everyone who replied: Thank you all so incredibly much!! Your comments are so kind and I appreciate them so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing these personal resolutions with us, it certainly sounds like you've got a solid game plan in place for 2013. I'll be cheering you on all year and really wish you all the best with each of these goals, dear Ash.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...