Saturday, January 19, 2013

Orly Androgynie and China Glaze Snow Globe


Good morning, dear readers!

I decided to re-visit some polishes that have been sitting all lonely and forlorn in my collection, and so I have a manicure with Orly Androgynie and China Glaze Snow Globe:





When Androgynie first came out it got a lot of flack, since it can look vastly different on the nail than in the bottle.  In the bottle there are gorgeous iridescent hexes that stick to the sides and look beautiful, but they barely translate onto the nail due to the sparseness of them and the black jelly base.  I still love Androgynie regardless, and one of my favourite things about it is the golden flecks that translate quite nicely.  Androgynie is also known for it's settling issues, so one has to vigorously shake the bottle every time before using it (unless stored upside down, but I don't store my polishes that way).

I decided to spruce the manicure up by layering some China Glaze Snow Globe over it.  I love the way iridescent glitters look!!! :D

What are your thoughts on Androgynie?

Have a wonderful weekend!

-Ashesela

12 comments:

  1. What a fantastic, subtly futuristic, completely cool pairing!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I had not thought of putting Snow Globe over a black-ish color. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't a fan of Androgynie when I first got it - until I learnt how to get the glitter out. Now it's an old favourite and I'm almost halfway through the bottle!

    Great choice with adding Snow Globe over the top. It really comes to life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesss! I love Androgenie so much, regardless of it not being what most expected, but this makes it pop so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ zebra-nails: Thank you so much!! :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: Thank you very much!! :D

    @ Gosia: I am so glad you like it!! :D

    @ Tharvey: Thank you very much!! :D I love how different iridescent glitter looks depending on what base you use :D

    @ Harriet: Thank you so much!! :D Half-way through??! Wow!!

    @ LittleMonsterx14: Thank you so much!! :D

    @ Julie: Yay!! :D I am so glad you like this!! Yeah, Androgynie is sooo pretty!!!

    @ Norelis Ocasio: Thank you so much, Nory!! :D

    @ drinkcitra: :D Thank you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For an already complex polish, you added a new layer of depth. Just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...