Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Helmer and Nail Polish Collection


Good afternoon, dear readers!! :D

I am excited to show you one of the things I got for Christmas: an Ikea Helmer!!

These are just perfect for storing nail polishes, and after a couple rearranging attempts, I decided it was time for the unveiling.

I got the Helmer in an eggshell colour, and decided to spruce it up with some wintery decorations.



Here is what it looks like on the inside (there were a couple not put in the Helmer when I took photos, oh well! XD):


Drawer 1: Blues, blue greys, turquoises:


Drawe 2: Pinks and purples:


Drawer 3: Yellows, golds, greens and more blues:


Drawer 4: Taupes, multi-colored glitters, oranges and reds:


Drawer 5: Whites, iridescents, silvers, greys, blacks and most top coats:


Drawer 6: Indies and favourites


Yay, I love how easy it is to find polish and store it with the Helmer.  :D

And for the rest of my collection, here is a stand completely full of frankens that my sister and I made:



A bit dusty....

And here is my drawer of indies that I made and backup polishes:


Whew!  I can't get over how much my collection has grown in just over a year.  At the end of 2011 my nail polish collection was this:


O.O;

I really liked that setup but I ran out of room fast.

2013 is going to be a very toned down year for purchasing nail polishes.  I'm not allowed to get anything more than what will fit in my helmer.  It seems unlikely considering how many polishes I got within the last 12 months, but I have so many polishes as it is that I really do not need any more.  So, I will focus on getting the ones that I really love, and that's it.  Wish me luck!!!

Have a wonderful day!

-Ashesela

14 comments:

  1. That's awesome! How many do you have? mine are currently all in tubs because I ran out of room! I desperately need some way to display and organize them! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah!!! This puts my collecti8n to shame. I have a nail polish rack almost as tall as me and its only a quarter full.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ikea! they have such lovely tings :)
    Great collection!!

    xoxo
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such an amazing collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the Helmer for polish storage Ash! Enjoy! You'll need another in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Raine: Thank you so much!!!! :D I think I have around 345ish regular polishes (not including doubles), and 120+ frankens. Yay for nail polish!!! XD

    @ Katie: Thank you so much!! :D The Helmer really helps with that haha.

    @ Beauty on a College budget: Wowza your nail polish rack sounds awesome!!!!

    @ Suzanne: Thank you so much!! :D I love Ikea too, they have awesome furniture!! :D (I just hate putting it all together haha XD)

    @ GoingtotheShowing: Thank you so much, Anna!!! :D

    @ drinkcitra: :’D Thank you so much!!!! :D

    @ Gina: Hahahha thank you!! :D I really have to curb my polish spending though so I am trying not to buy another one XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Jaw hits ground* My goodness, that is an incredibly impressive, beautifully diverse collection of polishes. I love the Ikea piece you got to store them in.

    I need something dedicated to store my polished in (beyond the bathroom draws), too, but I only have about 20, maybe 25 bottles, so I certainly don't need anything that big. What would you recommend as a good storage container for a smaller collection? Back in my teens, I used Kaboodle containers (my collection was bigger back then), but haven't seen any of those for sale in years.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Jessica Cangiano: Thank you so much!!! :D I remember those Kaboodle containers!! I had sparkly purple and sparkly silver ones :D!
    What I stored my polishes in at the beginning were cute decorative boxes that I got from the dollar store. :D They have a lot of inexpensive smaller storage solutions and I still love them, and highly recommend them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the snowflakes on your helmer. amazing collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you so much!! :D I'm sorry I didn't see your comment until now :O

      Delete
  10. I'm looking for an old post of yours in which you show your stash (hmm...maybe it's a video). Anyway, you have some Japanese (Asian) lint-free cotton pads. I so want to get them!! Where did you buy them? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes!! :D I know what you are talking about! :D They are called Cosmed Facial Puffs, and I got them from T&T's, which is a big Asian supermarket :D

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...