My First LUSH Haul

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Good morning, dear readers!! :D



A little while ago my sister and I went to LUSH.  This was my first time going in the store (past the doorway, that is).  Over 10 years ago my sister, Dad, and I were in Ottawa and happened upon a LUSH store.  I was excited to go in and check it out (as I remember seeing a video about it), but the moment we stepped in the doorway, my sister and Dad had to leave because the scent of all the combined products was profoundly strong and cloying.  Sadly, I had to leave the store. :(

Fast forward 10+ years...

When my sister and I got into the store (this one was in a mall), the scent of the place was surprisingly not overwhelming at all.  Sure it was strong, but not as strong.  I wonder if one of the reasons is because the other store we went to had a door and this one (in the mall) did not, so the air could move about freely.  Either way I was ecstatic to go there!! :D  Finally, LUSH could be mine, mine...miiine!!! XD

I had the most wonderful employee explaining and demoing and talking with me, and I had such a lovely time shopping (I even ran back to the store to pick up two more items when I realised that I had a bit of change left!!).

You can watch my haul video on YouTube here, or continue reading to see what I purchased and what ingredients the items have. :D

Here is what I got:

2 Lush tins, one in an oval shape and the other in a square shape to fit the different shapes of the products I bought.

King of Skin - Body butter bar:
I love the ingredient list in this!!  I have dry combination skin on my face but just dry skin everywhere else, so this will be wonderful for keeping my skin supple.

(ingredients: cocoa butter, fresh bananas, shea butter, fresh avocado, oatmeal infusion, coconut butter, perfume, jojoba oil, almond oil, tangerine oil, lavender oil, sandalwood oil, rose absolute,frankincense resinoid, limonene, linalool)



Buffy - Body butter bar:
I am excited to use this!  I tend to get dry skin and stupid bumps on my arms and thighs, and I heard that this is wonderful for making them go away.

(ingredients: cocoa butter, shea butter, ground rice, ground almonds, ground adzuki beans, fragrance, lavender oil, lemon oil, citral,  limonene, linalool)


Heavanilli - Massage bar:
This smells so good!!!  Lots of vanilla in it and a hint of jasmine/gardenia.  I am not usually one for floral scents, but it is really mild in this massage bar and it compliments the stronger vanilla fragrance perfectly.

(ingredients: cocoa butter, fair trade shea butter, extra virgin coconut oil, perfume, vanilla absolute, jasmine absolute, tonka absolute, hydroxcitronellal, gardenia extract, D and C Red 30)


Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds - Bubble bar:
This smells a lot like frankincense, which is totally awesome. :D This bar is also huge, so I can see myself having 4 baths with it!

(ingredients: sodium bicarbonate, cream of tartar, sodium laureth sulfate, lauryl betaine, cocamide DEA, patchouli oil, frankincense resinoid, cinnamon leaf oil, eugenol, limonene, linalool, perfume, FD and C Blue No.1)



Sunny Side - Bubble bar:
This bubble bar is extremely gorgeous!!  It smells of delicious citrus, and it contains both gold glitter and golden shimmer.  Seriously, if you haven't seen this before I would suggest checking out some demo videos on YouTube to see just how beautiful this is! :D

(ingredients: sodium bicarbonate, cream of tartar, sodium laureth sulfate, gold lustre (contains potassium silicate and titanium dioxide), lauryl betaine, cocamide DEA, sweet wild orange oil, lemon oil, tangerine oil, citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool, hydroxycitronellol, fragrance, red golden glitter (polyethylene terephthalate)


Ceridwen's Cauldron - Bath melt:
This is super cute!! :D  It is supposed to make your bath water quite nice and moisturizing, and then after it dissolves you can use the cloth to scrub your skin, since once the butters melt away you have the muslin bag with whole oats in it.  I am really excited to try this out! :D  I am contemplating opening the bag and splitting the bath melt, and using it twice.

(ingredients: cocoa butter, whole oats, laureth 4, walnut oil, fragrance, tangerine oil, lavender oil, sandalwood oil, frankincense resinoid, rose absolute, elderflowers, daisy flowers, cowslips, geraniol, limonene, linalool)


BB Seaweed - Fresh face mask:
I haven't used a face mask in a looong time, and am really enjoying the ingredients list of this one.  You have to keep this one in the fridge due to the fresh ingredients and lack of preservatives.  Excited! :D

(ingredients: lime tree flowers, sweet violet leaf infusion, kaolin, honey, glycerine, ground almonds, bladderwrack seaweed, organic aloe vera gel, millet flakes, organic extra virgin olive oil, bentonite gel, fresh rose petal, rose absolute, patchouli oil, rosemary oil, seaweed absolute, citral, geraniol, benzyl benzoate, limonene, linalool,  perfume)


Putty for Your Hands - Hand soap/lotion:
This is such a cool idea!!!  As a (mostly) nail polish blogger I want to keep my mitts nice, soft, and healthy looking, and this is a substitute for drying hand washes.  I will definately let you know how well this works for me in a later post.

(ingredients: corn oil, talc, glycerine, water, marshmallow mucilage, oats, fair trade shea butter, lavender oil, chamomile blue oil, tea tree oil, rose absolute, limonene, perfume)


Figs and Leaves - Soap:
This soap smells really rich and earthy, which is awesome.  I am not one for florals, so the earthy scent really appeals to me.  Also, look how cool this looks!! :D  There is part of a grape leaf on top! XD  This soap is supposed to be very hydrating, which I am excited about!  It is made with whole figs, so you have the tiny fig seeds in it which helps exfoliate the skin.  I got a big chunk of this because it is awesome.

(ingredients: water, rapeseed oil, coconut oil, fig decoction, glycerine, aloe vera extract, sodium hydroxide, fragrance, ylang ylang oil, orange flower absolute, organic aloe vera gel, titanium dioxide, sodium chloride, EDTA, tetrasodium etidronate, benzyl benzoate, linalool, grape vine leaf)

(2015 Edit: right after I bought it I ended up giving it to my sister as I didn't like the scent anymore. XD Then it dried out my skin when I used it as hand wash :()


Sultana of Soap - Soap:
This soap smells so good!!!!  It has a really familiar scent to me (and my sister and mom, who smelled it) but I can't figure out what it reminds me of.  I also read that this is very moisturizing.  Wheee!  (It is a really pretty soap, too!)

(ingredients: water, propylene glycol, rapeseed oil, coconut oil, sodium hydroxide, perfume, dried apricots, dried currants, titanium dioxide,  cranberries, olibanum oil, bergamot oil, sodium chloride)

(2015 update: I ended up giving this to my sister as I didn't like the scent anymore XD)



The lovely employee also gave me some samples:

Creamed Almond and Coconut Smoothie - Shower smoothie
(ingredients: vanilla pod infusion, almond oil, glycerine, rapeseed oil, coconut oil, extra virgin coconut oil, sodium lauryl sulfate, water, vanilla extract, ylang ylang oil, jasmine absolute, labdanum resinoid, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide, EDTA, tetrasodium etidronate, fragrance, methlyparaben, propylparaben)

She also gave me a sample of Ocean Salt (a face cleanser/scrub), but it contains grapefruit extract, and as it can be absorbed by my body, if it gets into my bloodstream it can interact with my medications in a negative way.  I may be being really careful, but I would rather not take any chances.  (However for those of you who are interested in this product, it smells amaaaazing!!! XD)

So I am super excited about these products, and I look forward to using them and trying out new LUSH items in the future.

Do you like LUSH?  If so, what are your favourite products?

Have a wonderful day!!

-Ashesela


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. You're one LUSH trip ahead of me! I've gone past their marvelously scented stores many, many times and always felt compelled to go in, but my uber sensitive skin has stopped me from doing so (because I'm always leery of buying scented beauty products, even natural ones). I really should take you lead one of these days though and just pick up a little something for a few dollars, that way if it does end up bugging me, it's not a big deal.

    Fabulous items that you selected - thanks for sharing your haul with us, hon!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much stuff you got! Everything really looks amazing!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so interesting - some even look like cheese or cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great haul! I love Lush :) King of Skin is amazing, it leaves your skin feeling sooo soft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Lush! A friend recently gifted me a big bag o' Lush for my birthday, my first haul as well... Now I'm hooked! :D
    I've been loving their cuticle butter ♥ I put it on before bed, and it just... makes me so happy to smell it on my hands as I fall asleep! Sounds like a silly thing, but it's a happy thing!
    Their Rub Rub Rub scrub is also fantastic!
    I can't wait to use more of what she bought me, so I can go buy more stuff to try XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh you got some really fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Jessica: Thank you so much for your kind comment! :D I have reaaaally sensitive skin too, and if you talk to one of their sales associates, they can direct you to products made especially for our type of skin :D. They are really helpful and kind!!

    @ drinkcitra: Thank you so much, I am so excited to use these!! :D

    @ Maria: They really do!!! A lot of their products look delicious (some even look like cupcakes and macarons!! XD)

    @ OPI Addict: Thank you!!! :D I am really looking forward to using it! :D

    @ Jessica: Those two sound really awesome, I will have to try them!!! :D What a wonderful gift to get :D I hope you continue to enjoy the products you got and I know I am excited for my next trip to Lush :D

    @ LittleMonsterx14: Thank you!! :D I am so excited to try them :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D