Sunday, January 06, 2013

Born Pretty Store Decal and Stamping Plate Review, and Chanel Nails!


Good morning, dear readers!

Today I have two reviews for you, one is a review of beautiful gold-toned nail decals, and the other is for a stamping plate, both of which are from the Born Pretty Store.

First, the stamping plate:


YAY!!  I chose a Christmas themed stamping plate!! :D  I know it is a bit late (or early!), but I love Christmas all year ;).

This adorable plate has snow flakes, a tree, snowmen, a stocking, and more holiday patterns.

The depth of the etches are perfect, and the quality of the plate is top-knotch.  Unfortunately I really suck at using stamping plates, but hopefully I will get better.  Any mess-ups on the manicure below is entirely my own fault.




As you can see on the first nail, the polish I used for stamping smeared when I put top coat on (so I left the other nails without it).  I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On, and I won't do that again! o.o;

Some of the stamps didn't make it to my nails intact, but again that was my own fault.  I definately recommend this plate for any stamp lovers out there!! :D

Now for the decals:

This set contains 12 different styles of gold-toned metal decals, with 10 of each style.

They arrive in a 12 slotted disc, with compartments for each design.  Unfortunately my set arrived to me like this:


To be honest I don't mind, as I prefer taking them out and putting them all together in an acrylic pot.  :)

Here are the designs:


Here is a pile of them:


At first I was going to make a manicure using some of the snowflakes, but then those double C's popped out at me, and I decided to use them to make a Chanel manicure.







I used one of the decals on my ring finger nail, and another on my thumb nail.  I attached them with top coat, and I think they work brilliantly! :)  I really enjoy using them, and I look forward to making more manicures with the other designs. They are flat and so can stick out at the sides due to the natural curve of the nail, but I used extra top coat to compensate for this.  They are metal, and can possibly be bent, which could help.

Here is a shot while I was making the manicure:


Whee!!

I highly recommend these!!  I love adding bits and bobs to my manicures, and these decals are super fun and cute.  They are also good quality. :D

Born Pretty Store has some fabulous items, and I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with them. :)

I hope that everyone is having a great weekend!

-Ashesela

10 comments:

  1. You did a great job stamping! These are nice plates, but there's definitely a learning curve, lol. Cool little decals, too. I like the variety of designs you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very chic nails! These make me think of Beverly Hills (or at least my vision of Beverly Hills as portrayed by TV and movies). The black and gold are such a strikingly glamorous and elegant colour combo. Love it!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful manis! I really like the stamp plate you received!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous job on the Chanel, and you know I love the snowflakes--they're so you! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didnt expect anything less from you Ash!! These are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stamp but I'm not so sure about the decals

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh these are so cool! what a brilliant idea using striping tape to make sure your beads are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally bought those same decals just for the Chanel ones! I haven't used them yet but I am so excited to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This mani is SO BA! You did a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Liesl: Thank you so much!!! :D

    @ Jessica: Thank you very much!!! :D

    @ drinkcitra: Thank you :D!! Isn’t that stamping plate adorable??! XD

    @ Elizabeth: Hahhah they are, aren’t they? XD Thank you so much!! :D

    @ GoingtotheShowing: Aw thank you, Anna!! You are so sweet! :’D

    @ Cuti-CLUE-les: Aren’t the stamp patterns so cute?? XD

    @ LittleMonsterx14: Hahhah thank you!! :D I actually used the tape for the quilted pattern and added the beads as an afterthought, but that is a great idea for future manis!!! :D

    @ Emily: Aahahha that is awesome!!! :D I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!! :D

    @ Jamie: Aw, thank you Jamie!! :’D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...