Super Amazing Harry Potter Book (Lots of Photos!)

Wednesday, December 19, 2012


Good evening, dear readers! :D

Today I have a different type of post to share with you.  I recently got this super awesome Harry Potter book (as I am a fan) called Harry Potter Film Wizardry, and I had to put it on my blog so that other fans can know about it (if they don't already).  :)

I bought a copy for my sister, but then decided afterwards that I wanted my own.  So when my Dad went back to the store where I saw them, I asked him to pick me up one, too. XD

What makes this book so awesome is not just the fun facts and gorgeous photos, but there are little goodies inside, sprinkled throughout the pages! :D So awesome!!

I took a bunch of photos of the extras in this book and now I have to show you.

Okay, so here is the cover.  It is a really beautiful hardcover:


I really love all the touches they add to it, to make it seem more authentic to the HP world.  Like here, when you first open the book, there is a place to put your name:


Super cute!!!

4 Privet Drive.... oh wait, what's this?


A closer look at the envelope:


And flipping it over...


YAY!!  A copy of the letter that was sent to Harry in the first book/movie!



Heheh so fun!! :D

Here is a catalogue for Borgin and Burkes:



Blech!  That hand is seriously gross!

Advanced potion making, anyone?


But wait!  It's filled with...



STICKERS!!! :D  Aw, yeah!!

And here is Lucius Malfoy because he is hot:


Fold out boxes for candy from Honeydukes:



For those of you who are Quidditch fans, here is a programme to the 422nd Quidditch World Cup:



And what is this?


In case you forgot to pick yours up during that magical night, here is a programme for the Yule Ball:



Oh, what a splendid time I had!
XD

A random page in this amazing book:


Bellatrix Lestrange, because I love Helena Bonham Carter:


Section on Dolores Umbridge...


Complete with replica proclamations!


And what do we have here?


Time to flip it over...AWESOME!!


A Marauder's Map!!!




Need some ideas of what to buy your friends the next time you visit Hogsmeade?  Take a look in the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes product catalogue:



Need a little something extra to make your polyjuice potioned transformation complete?  How about a Ministry of Magic identification card?



And last but certainly not least, a little book with some never before seen photographs, tucked in the back of the book (I didn't take any photos of the photos).


How awesome is this book?!  I got it from Costco, and according to the back of the book, it usually retails for $45 Can, but was selling for $24.99!!  So cool!!!! :D

So, if you know any fans of the series and want to get them a kick-ass present (or one for yourself!) I highly recommend this book.  It is filled with a ton of interesting bits of information about making the whole series of films, has amazing quality photos, includes a bunch of interesting and fun souvenirs, and commentary from the cast and crew.

If you are a Harry Potter fan, what do you think of the Film Wizardry book?

Have a wonderful day! :D

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Costco is the best - I got the first four A Song of Ice and Fire books (Game of Thrones) for $20 =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Looks like a very cool book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sharra Farivar: I saw that set!! :D But I already had three of them when I saw it XD, otherwise it would definately be mine!

    @ Chelsea: It really is!! I highly suggest it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. im a huge fan of harry potter and that book is amazing! i would love to get my hands on one!! =)

    x
    elviemousse.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks super awesome! Now I want it, lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! This is amazing!! I need to get this lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a "must have" for any Harry Potter fan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the movies, this book looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this is so incredibly awesome! I'm definitely going to have to check out my local Costco! Great post:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously amazing. Love the marauders map!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME! I've seen this book on Amazon before, but since it was a bit pricey, and I didn't know what it was like inside, I never bothered to buy it. Now I've seen all the extras, it's a must have! It's also a good excuse to get Quidditch Through the Ages and Magical Creatures while I'm at it! =P

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG this is so awesome! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Elvie Na: I think you would really enjoy it!! :D

    @ Jenna Froggy: Hahah! It really is a great book!!

    @ drinkcitra: I highly suggest it!! :D

    @ Marias Nail Art: I completely agree!! :D

    @ Shannara: It really is so interesting!! I highly suggest it :D

    @ Kim: Thank you!! :D I hope that you can find it there, it is so fun and interesting :D

    @ Amanda: Me too!!! :D I am so happy they included one!

    @ Kelley Dawne: I am glad you like it!! :D Definitely a great time to pick up the other books!

    @ LittleMonsterx14: :D I am so glad you like it!! :D

    @ Norelis Ocasio: :D!!! I am really glad!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG love HP & will HAVE to get this book! :) thank you for letting me know

    ReplyDelete
  15. this book is Awesome!! I don't have it but I'd be interested in getting it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D