Sinterklaas and Present Manicure

Thursday, December 06, 2012


Good morning, dear readers!! :D

I hope that everyone had a great day yesterday, which is Sinterklaas day (St. Nicholas' Eve) in the Netherlands.  My grandmother moved to Canada from Holland, and when I was a child my sister and I would put shoes outside our doors at night, and in the morning they would have candy in them (it is a Dutch tradition, and we had wooden shoes we could use :D).

I love the Christmas season and the yummy treats we get from a Dutch grocery in the city (taai taai, spekken, speculaas, marzipan in shapes of fruits and animals).  It brings back warm memories for me, and the older I get the more I appreciate this time of the year. :)

For today's manicure I have a present themed design.  This manicure is far from perfect and is a bit messy, as I made it on one of those days where nothing you do on your nails looks right. >.<; The red polish is Color Club Berry and Bright, and the green polish is Color Club O-Ho-Holly (both from this years holiday collection).






Other than those two polishes, I used several colours of acrylic paint.  The two Color Clubs are absolutely amazing!!!  They look stunning in real life, and the formula with them is so incredibly good!  They have a really nice amount of pigment, so these can be two coaters (I think the red could be a one coater depending on how you apply it).  I got these two in a set at Winners, so they are the un-scented versions of these polishes (yay!). :D

What are some of your favourite red and green polishes?

Have a wonderful day!!

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Woow! it's awesome! I love your nails :) My favorite red polish is OPI's Malaga Wine :) And for the green one I don't know, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! And love how you're incorporating your roots into your mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. psh your definition of messy is crazy. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, how festively delight! I really like the deep, almost jewel tone shades of red and green you opted for here. Very elegant and timelessly pretty.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I love the amazing detail on these :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this the detail is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the presents! The colors are so pretty :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D