12 Favourite Polishes of 2012

Monday, December 31, 2012


Good morning, dear readers! :D

As we reach the end of 2012, it is a time for reflection of the past year.  Keeping with the spirit of that, I am posting my 12 favourite polishes of 2012, along with my favourite top and base coats.  While some of these polishes were released this year, some were not, and so I am choosing my favourites out of my entire collection.   I was going to pick my favourite 10, but after seeing this post from Cosmetic Proof, I decided that 12 sounds better (for 2012). :)

So here is a couple of group shots, with and without flash (my main post shots are a bit dark, I think because I placed the polishes too close to the opening of my light box when taking photos).  It took me quite a bit to narrow down my picks to just 12!!  I had thought about adding another list of polishes that almost made it into the top 12, but that would be a reaaaally long list, so I didn't.  XD





So in no particular order:

Girly Bits Stormy Skies:

This is one of my absolute favourite polishes ever (possibly my favourite of all time!).  It is a stunning bley (blue grey) with shimmering flecks that shift from gold to green.  It is almost a jelly, but can build up to be opaque.  I really can't express how much I love this polish.  The formula is fantastic, the colour is amazing, and I can't say enough good things about Girly Bits.  There are quite a few more of Pam's polishes that I would love to add to this list, but if I had to choose only one, it would be this one. :)

Sinful Colors Cinderella:

A gorgeous sheer light blue with flecks that go from gold to pink.  Although it takes several coats to get the desired effect, it is so worth it!!  Stunning!!

O.P.I I Don't Give a Rotterdam:


Another gorgeous blue grey, with silvery flecks.  Everything about this polish is awesome!

O.P.I Dating a Royal:

My favourite royal blue polish.  This is absolutely stunning, and a dream to apply.  It is also the colour of the TARDIS, which is an added bonus.  :D

L'Oreal Jet Set to Paris:


Another stunning blue.  Amazing colour payoff and formula.  Gorgeous!

Revlon Midnight Affair:

Such a beautiful blackened blue.  A super dark blue with lighter blue shimmer.  I love this polish, and the name. :D

Orly Halo:

Wowza, what a stunner!  Tiny golden glitters and slightly larger silver ones in a clear base.  This looks amazing!

Nerd Lacquer Exterminate:


Oh Nerd Lacquer, how I love thee!  A nail polish based on the Daleks?  Yes please!!  I absolutely love the combination of colours in this and the different sizes of glitter.

China Glaze Immortal:


A stunning grey with multicoloured flecks.  A definite winner for me!

Butter London Wallis:


An amazing antiqued greenish-gold that looks so fantastic!  Great formula as well as colour, and so it is my favourite Butter Londen.

Shiseido Maquillage in 94:

A stormy purple with a scattered holo effect.  Amazing formula, colour, and bottle!  I got this one in the mail on Christmas Eve, and it is so fantastic is shot near the top of my favourites list right away.

Revlon Enthrall:


Gorgeous brown-bronze with golden flecks.  Amazing colour and formula (which kinda reminds me of the smell of apples for some reason!).

Favourite Top Coat and Base Coat:


China Glaze Fast Forward for the top coat, and a PVA glue base coat.

Fast Forward is an amazing top coat, as it dries really fast and has an incredible shine.  It also is pretty inexpensive, dries to a nice hard protective coat, and smells not too bad. :D

PVA glue mixed with water makes an awesome base coat, which I use constantly for easy glitter (and regular polish) removal.  I love this stuff! :D

Phew!  So there we have it! :D

Did any of these polishes make it into your favourites list for 2012?

I hope that everyone has a safe and wonderful New Years eve!!!

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Awesome choices! Some are favorites of mine as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Amanda: Thank you!! :D I had a lot of fun making this post. I look forward to seeing your list of favourites! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome choices! Hehe, you love blue! I just picked up Enthrall so you've made me more excited to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Jayne: I really really do love blue! XD Oh I hope you like Enthrall!! I think it is a fabulous polish! :D

    @ Jamie: Hahah I am a big blue fan! Thank you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful favorites! Great polishes for 2012! I wonder what 2013 will bring...
    Happy New Year, Ash! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ drinkcitra: Thank you very much!! :D Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous you own Exterminate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Butter London. It's one of my favourite brands :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Kas: I was very fortunate to have it sent to me by a really lovely lady. :)

    @ Suzanne: They have some really awesome stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. great choices! I'm going to try to get my top 12 up this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ ChiChi: Awesome!!! :D Looking forward to seeing what you choose! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D