Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday - Thanksgiving Manicure


Good morning, dear readers! :D

Today is Twinsie Tuesday, and the theme for this week is Thanksgiving! :)  I live in Canada and so have already celebrated the Canadian Thanksgiving, but now it is time for the American one! :D

I wanted a manicure that represented autumn, but wanted one that wasn't too autumn-y, since it is November and I always associate that with winter instead of fall (go fig!). :)

So here are some bare trees who have lost their leaves:





I started with a base of Orly Nite Owl, then applied some Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Big Money.  I used black paint to make the tree designs, and then applied some China Glaze Fast Forward top coat to finish things off.  :)

Don't forget to check out the other Twinsies blogs:

Amanda at Amandalandish
Anna at Going to the Showing

Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch
Tara at Polishy of Truth 

Have a wonderful day!!

-Ashesela

22 comments:

  1. I think this looks great. It would also work really well for Halloween, I think. "Haunted woods" or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love these trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash, these are stunning!! I love the rich detail, and the black over Big Money is genius. Love the contrast of the bare ground on your thumb too; it gives the whole design a really nice, extra dimension. Yeah, I am officially girlcrushing on your talent. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly gorgeous and actually reminds me of the view I see from my grandmother's balcony right around the time we sit down for Thanksgiving dinner. This is super special <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is amazing! I love your trees and teh background choice is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this mani!!! Perfect free handing skills!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daaaaaamn girl! Will you come do this on my nails please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous! I wish I was as adventurous with my nails, but I think it would just end up coming out a bit of a shaky mess! Yours look perfect though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love this, it's eerie but weirdly calming :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! And eerie is a good word too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. STUNNING, my dear! :) You painted such a gorgeous scene here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so wonderfully lovely. I've always thought there was a distinct beauty to barren trees, with their long branches, exposed bark, and dancer-like forms.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...