Elizabeth Arden Cosmetics

Thursday, November 29, 2012


Good afternoon, dear readers! :D

A little while back I entered a contest on Beauty Crazed for a set of Elizabeth Arden cosmetics, and then I promptly forgot about it.  Then a couple weeks ago I got a e-mail telling me that I won!!! :D  I was so ecstatic (and still am!!).  I have never tried any Elizabeth Arden products before, although I have been aware of the company for a long time.  Here is what I won:
- Beautiful Color Eye Shadow Duo in Heathered Plums ($32.00 CAN for .11 oz, 3 g)
- Ceramide Cream Blush in Nectar ($30.00 CAN for .09 oz, 2.67 g)
- Beautiful Color Smooth Line Lip Pencil in Crimson ($23 CAN for .03 oz, 1.05 g)
- Ceramide Ultra Lipstick in Mulberry ($29.00 CAN for .12 oz, 3.5 g)
- High Shine Lip Gloss in Sparkling Ruby ($20 CAN for .22 fl oz, 6.5 ml)

EEE!!!  I am so excited about these cosmetics!! :D

Here is the eye shadow in Heathered Plums:

DSCF6854

DSCF6856

Isn't that a gorgeous compact??!

And here is the lipstick in Mulberry:

DSCF6862

DSCF6858

DSCF6863

Again, there is some gorgeous packaging (the lipstick container has a very satisfying weight to it!)

The lip liner in Crimson (one end is the pencil and the other has a lip brush):

DSCF6872

DSCF6871

DSCF6874

The gloss in Sparkling Ruby:

DSCF6868

DSCF6869

And last but certainly not least, the cream blush in Nectar:

DSCF6864

DSCF6866

Here are some swatches on the inside of my arm, both without and with flash:

(From L to R: Heathered Plums eye shadows (dry application), Crimson lip pencil, Sparkling Ruby lip gloss, Mulberry lip stick, Nectar blush and Nectar blush rubbed in)

DSCF6928

DSCF6929

I am so ecstatic with these!! :D The colours are gorgeous (not to mention they are great for my personal colouring huzzah!), the products are top quality, and the packaging is absolutely stunning.  It is a real pleasure to whip out a golden compact or sexy bullet and apply some colour!! :D

To be honest I never really thought about purchasing Elizabeth Arden cosmetics, as I considered them to be more "grown up" (it still baffles me to think that I am an adult, and have been for some time.  I sure don't feel (or act ;)) like one!).  After experiencing these products, I can safely say that I will definitely consider purchasing more from Elizabeth in the future.  Although by some standards the cream blush doesn't have a huge amount of product in it, I know it will last a long time as it is quite pigmented and a little goes a long way.

In all I would say that the quality of these cosmetics and the impressive packaging they are housed in definitely give you a good bang for your buck.

What do you think of Elizabeth Arden cosmetics?  Have you tried them before or will you consider doing so in the future?

Have a wonderful day my friends!

-Ashesela :)

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. You know, it never even occurred to me to try Elizabeth Arden either, but the packaging is beautiful, and I love these colours!! Congratulations, Ash! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I haven't tried Elizabeth Arden but I am loving the lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Everything is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, what a thoroughly lovely collection of cosmetics. Happiest congrats for winning this great prize pack. Interestingly, some of my earlier make-up was Elizabeth Arden, as it was old (probably a decade or more at the point - but still in great shape) compacts (eye shadow, powder, etc) that my mom no longer used as passed on to me when I was finally old enough to be allowed to wear makeup. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for this brand as a result of those memories.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your win! These are beautiful products. I never thought to try Elizabeth Arden either because I typically shop at the drug store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! I actually won the EXACT same things from another giveaway! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Norelis Ocasio: :D I am so glad you like them!! :D

    @ Elizabeth: Thank you so much!!! :D

    @ jennycute: It is really nice on the lips too (not drying, which is something I have a lot of problems with when using lipsticks). :D

    @ drinkcitra: Thank you very much!! :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: Thank you so much!! :D I still remember some of my first make up, and it holds a special place in my heart, too. :D I was looking at vintage (and some not so old, but older) cosmetics ads this morning and it was really fun!! I love when I find an ad that I remember :D.

    @ Jayne: That is so awesome!!!!! :D Isn’t it such a nice set??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D