Monday, October 29, 2012

Josie Maran Argan Oil - Review

Good morning, dear readers! :D

I wanted to start branching out with the types of blog posts I have, so I will be posting about other cosmetics as well as nail polishes.  :)

Josie Maran Argan Oil:


(Price at Sephora:
           0.5 oz - $18 CAN
           1.7 oz - $58 CAN
           4.0 oz - $125 CAN)
(Ingredients: 100% Organic and Natural Argania Spinosa Kernel (Argan) Oil.)

I love this stuff!!! :D  I only use a few drops on my face and neck in the morning and evening, after I have done my other face care.  I find it helps seal the moisture in, and it gives me incredibly smooth skin.  It helps with my dryness issues and evening out my skin tone, while being extremely gentle and non-irritating.  You can use it by itself, and it will help moisturise wherever you put it. 

For those who have combination or oily skin, fret not!!  This oil acts as a lubricant to your skin, so instead of making your skin produce more sebum by drying it out, it 'tricks' the skin into thinking it has enough so it doesn't produce extra.  An oil that helps with oil problems...go figure!  But it really does work. :D  I have dry-combination skin and I adore this product! :)


Argan oil hails from the land of Morocco, as the argan tree only grows in that region.  (You can read more about argan trees, oil and the extraction process here.  It is quite interesting!! :D)

The oil can be used all over your body, including your hair (to add shine, moisturise and minimize frizziness). But do know that you should use only a small amount if you add it to your hair; a little goes a long way.

I enjoy the fact that this is an amazing organic product with only one ingredient, and that it can be used for so many things.

This is an expensive luxury product (when purchased from this brand), but a little goes a very long way.  I love the packaging that Josie Maran's products have, and the fact that the golden oil is housed in a dark bottle (to protect the contents from light) with a dropper.  (One thing; argan oil is very thin so it will drip out of the dropper on its own accord, so be careful when you use it so that you don't spill it.)

I have also used argan oil from New Directions Aromatics, and I found it worked just as well for a much cheaper price.  There was more of an earthy scent to this one, but you really can't complain considering the value.  You can get organic argan oil at these prices:

3.3 oz       - $14.17 CAN
16 oz        - $49.61 CAN
33.8 oz     - $95.40 CAN
135.26 oz - $360.80 CAN
676.3 oz   - $1653.67 CAN

I used up my last order from NDA, as I got the 'sample' of 3.3 oz a while ago, and shared it with a friend.  The bottle I got was also dark glass, but did not come with a dropper, so I prefer the packaging from Josie Maran.  However, at this price I may just go back to NDA argan oil and put it in the Josie Maran bottle.  :D

I am horrible when it comes to packaging!!!  I love luxe bottles and jars, teensy-spoons that come with expensive creams and all those luxury trappings.  The problem is I don't have the income to support that lifestyle.  Sigh!!  Silly me! XD

Anyhoo, if you haven't tried it before, I highly suggest giving argan oil a go.  It really is a wonder product, and I am glad to have it in my skincare regimen again. :)

Have a lovely day! :D

-Ashesela ;)

8 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful! One of my friends had a sample of this and I know she loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do like this product. It helped me alot with my acne.

    By
    Marisha WickJamaican Black Castor

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting - I love that you're branching out the topics that you're going to cover in your posts, and can't wait to see what other beauty subjects you'll review and share with us. I'm a big fan of argan oil, too - it's pricey for sure, but really is an amazing moisturizer (and I say that as someone who's prone to immensely dry, and insanely sensitive, skin).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have and love this product! I need to start using it again since the weather is getting colder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The price is a bit steep...but how is the smell?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried this on my skin, but it just didn't work for me. Instead, I use it on my hair and adore it! I love that it has virtually no scent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ drinkcitra: It really is a wonder product!! :D

    @ Marisha Wick: That is so awesome!! :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: Thank you so much for your support!! :D I am so glad you like argan oil too!! :D

    @ OPI Addict: I’m so glad that you like it too!! :D

    @ Amanda: They say it can vary per batch since it depends on the crop, but I find that the Josie Maran one doesn’t really smell much like anything. Just a bit ‘oily’, if that makes sense. Like olive oil without the olive?? LOL XD

    @ About The Lacquered Lady: I’m glad that you could use if for your hair even though it didn’t work out for your skin. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, I have alot of trouble with my skin. I may have to check this out. Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...