Girly Bits Fright Night and Boo-berry

Thursday, October 04, 2012


Good morning, dear readers!! :D

Today I have some really lovely polishes to share with you.  These were both sent to me by the lovely Pam of Girly Bits, and I am here to give you honest reviews. : D  These are from her new fall collection, and I couldn't be more excited!

First up...Fright Night! :D

This is a gorgeous black jelly with multiple sizes of red hex glitter and red bar glitter.  What you see below is 4 coats, with no undies.  Now you don't need that many coats (I could have stopped at three, maybe even two depending on how thick I applied and how sheer I wanted it to be), but I wanted to see how much depth I could achieve by adding so many layers.  You can easily layer this over black to get quick, beautiful results.  (I hate saying how many layers I use for polishes, because everyone applies it differently.)








This is SOOOO gorgeous, and I absolutely love the name!!!  I really can't say anything bad at all about this polish.  It is seriously sexy and mysterious, and perfect for this season!

Next up: Boo-berry!!

That name is just so cute!! XD  This polish is SO GORGEOUS!!  It is a purpley-blue jelly with an awesome selection of berry coloured glitters.  There are black, blue, purple and magenta glitters in varying sizes, and one of the things I love most is the fact that there are hex and square (!) glitters in it.

Now in all honesty, I had a bit of trouble applying this one, but that is probably user error.  I find most glitter polishes have some difficulty that comes along with them (glitter that strays, hanging half-off the nail etc.).  It really isn't a big deal at all.  Also, there are some curling of a few glitters (not all), but again, nothing very serious.  (You should see the Orly Glitter FX line...yikes!).  The glitters still sit pretty flat on the nail, and a layer or two of top coat should make it glassy smooth. :)

I have to say that this is definitely one of my favourite polishes.  Take a peek:







Boo-berry is all by itself in these photos (no underwear) at 4 coats.  Again, you can use less (I just love painting my nails, what can I say! XD).  You can also layer this over another purple or blue polish for a beautiful effect.  The polish starts off rather sheer but builds up nicely (I also tend to start painting my nails with very thin coats).

All in all, I have to say that in all honesty I completely LOVE these!!! :D  Pam, you rock! :D

You can purchase her polishes at these locations:

Llarowe
Mei Mei's Signatures
Harlow & Co.
Overall Beauty

as well as her own site (Girly Bits), but keep in mind that she is directing the majority of sales to those other websites as she is working with some renovations at the moment.

(Although these were sent to me for review, I will always give my honest opinion.  And my honest opinion is that these rock my socks.)

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post, where I will be reviewing another two of her gorgeous fall polishes!

Have an amazing day :D!

-Ashesela ;)


You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Ooh I love both of these!! You make any polish look good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ drinkcitra: Wow, you are such a dear!! I think that what you said is one of the best compliments a nail polish blogger could ever get!!! :'D Thank you so much!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need Boo-Berry in my life. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both! The first would be awesome for all kinds of Halloween costumes (she devil, witch, zombie cheerleader, etc) and the second strikes me as something a hip fairy princess would definitely wear. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOOW, wooow, these are amazing, what a gorgeous, mysterious depth they have - instant lemmings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely! Painting the nails is so soothing, isn't it?

    I like your full hand pictures, they give a nice perspective on things. I agree with drinkcitra. Your modeling skills are making those look GREAT!

    Instant lemmings indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are amazingly beautiful! I have yet to try any of her stuff but these two polishes are stunning! I need some of these in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great swatches! I've been loving her Hallowe'en polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these are simply stunning on you! They look so regal against your skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both soooo beautiful! Gorgeous! Stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are so pretty on you! I always like to know how many coats of polish you use so that I can recreate a look you have.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fright Night is amazing! These both look so beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ GoingtotheShowing: Isn’t it just so pretty??!!

    @ Jessica: Aw yeah, I totally agree with you!!! :D

    @ Marias Nail Art: YAY I am so glad you like them!! :D

    @ Mei Mei: Thank you very much!! :D

    @ lovenailpolish: Aw, thank you so much!!! That really means a lot!! :’D

    @ Norelis Ocasio: Oh I think you would love her stuff!! I adore her polishes so much :D.

    @ Lindsey R: Thank you so much!! :D

    @ Amanda: EEeeee!!! :’D Thank you so, so much!!! :’D

    @ Pixie~Nails: :D!! YAY!!!!

    @ Malinda: Aw, thank you so much Malinda!!! :D

    @ Tara: :’D Thank you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the blue! Such a pretty color on you!
    I'm your newest follower. xox, pammowerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D