Twinsie Tuesday - Fugly Nail Polish

Tuesday, September 04, 2012


Good evening, dear readers! :D
(EDIT: UGH!!!  I scheduled this for 9:00 a.m., but it didn't post!!! >: (!!)
I apologize for not being around for the last TT, but I am here today! :D  Today's post is supposed to be of a fugly polish.  We were having a discussion about what exactly that entails (an ugly polish that somehow works?  A polish that you like but others would find ugly?), and we decided that it was up to the posters interpretation.  So I chose a reaaaally fugly franken that I made. :D  There is nothing nice about this at all!

Here it is in the bottle:



It looks not too bad, right?  Well...



SHAZAAM!!  Euuugh!!  For this mani I left off all traces of a top coat, to bring out the full ugliness.  In fact, my new name for this polish is 'Fugly McEw'.




This is so lumpy and gross!  In theory I thought that it would look good, but in practice, it just did not work at all!


Mmm... lumpy goodness... *retch*.

Don't forget to check out more Twinsie fugly polishes :D :

Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch
Tara at Polishy of Truth

Have a wonderful day! :D

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

27 comments

  1. Oh, so sad! I guess the base was just too opaque. Maybe you could just add in some clear (or a light jelly color) so it doesn't cover the glitter as much? Pretty glitter mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol maybe if it was a bit more jelly it would get rid of the 'fugliness' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I love the name haha =)) The base color is gorgeous though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks so nice in the bottle! its so sad it came out all fugly :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol love the name! Sorry it didn't turn out :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color is so pretty, it's such a shame this fizzled on the name. But the name! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, love the new name :D The base color is really gorgeous and the thought behind it is awesome, sorry it was a bit of a flop :O/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol it looks awesome in the bottle! Too bad it didn't turn out on the nail though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks amazing in the bottle!!! I vote for adding more clear. Maybe that will make the glitter shine through :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first few photos make it look so pretty,but the lumpiness IS fuggly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally considered no top coat for my fugly post today too. I didn't want to dress up an awful color. I caved and polished it up anyway though. Your bottle shot is fun, but yeah, not so much on the nail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reminds me of a alien reptile of some sort! Haha! Too much sci-fi! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your bottle shot and the name.

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks really pretty in the bottle! it's not that bad in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LMAO @ Fulgy McEw! It looks really good in the bottle, maybe you just need Gelous :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Tharvey: Thank you!! :D Yeah, my sister said that it would probably look better if it wasn’t so opaque. Thank you for the comment!! :D

    @ Julie: Ahahah!! Yeah, my sister said the same. :D Thank you :D!

    @ Gosia: Ahahah!!! Aw thank you!! :D

    @ LittleMonsterx14: Hahahha!!! XD

    @ Tara: Thank you!! XD At least it let me have a really good polish to show for this post! XD

    @ Amanda: Hahah thanks Amanda! XD

    @ JennaFroggy: Ahahah thanks Jenna!! XD

    @ The Collegiate Nail: XD Thanks Brandi!! ^-^

    @ BeautyScraps: Thanks for the idea and your comment!! :D

    @ thalie: Ahahah isn’t it??! XD

    @ TopCoatIt: Hahahha XD. If I put top coat on mine it may have made it look better, and I just couldn’t have that. XD

    @ AllThatIsGorgeous: Hahahha that’s awesome!! XD

    @ ChiChi: Thank you!! :D XD

    @ esmeheredia: Thank you hehehe. I think it is horrendous! XD

    @ HaulOfFame: XD Maybe!! Heheheh

    @ Cordia: Ahahaha thank you!! :D

    @ Beauty Ninja: Thank you hehehehe!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fugly McEw FTW! Hahaha, you always crack me up, Ash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The bottle shot looks amazing! On the nail not to much. Sorry it didnt work out. Im totally digging the color combo though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Poor little polish, but it is kind of fugly - but I'm sure a little nail art on top of it would change it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh no! lol. It doesn't look that bad actually! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ Chelsea: Hehehe thank you!! XD

    @ Maribeth: Hahaha why thank you! XD!!

    @ GoingtotheShowing: Thank you hehehe. So fugly! XD

    @ Marias Nail Art: Hahahahha!!! XD

    @ drinkcitra: Ahahah!! I think it is so bad XD!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww, I'm sorry the glitter didn't show through!! It looks so pretty in the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow. So pretty in the bottle, but...yeah, just does not translate. Wonder how it'd look if you cut it with some clear...

    ReplyDelete
  24. It does look really pretty in the bottle...I agree you should try adding some clear...that is too gorgeous not to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D