Content

Saturday, 1 September 2012

PCOS Awareness

Good evening, dear readers!!

I would have liked to get this manicure up earlier today, but I was away from home.

As some of you know, September is PCOS Awareness month.


PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a very serious endocrine disorder.  It can cause a lot of pain, suffering, embarrassment and stress. There are many symptoms, including:

*Hair loss
*Hair growth in unwanted places
*Weight gain
*Trouble getting pregnant as well as infertility
*Acne
*Depression
*Mood Swings
*Sleep apnea

These are only some of the possible symptoms.

Unfortunately there is no cure for this condition, but it is possible to help ease symptoms with healthy lifestyle changes.  At the end of this post I have included some links for more information.

At my friends suggestion, I have created a manicure in hopes to raise awareness for this syndrome.  Teal is the colour of PCOS Awareness, and so I have created a manicure to represent that:






Please help spread the word!!  And remember, to those of you who are suffering from this, you are not alone!!

Here are some links for more information:

http://pcosfoundation.org/index.php - PCOS Foundation
http://www.pcoschallenge.com/ - Support System to help women with PCOShttp://www.facebook.com/PCOSFoundation - PCOS Foundation
http://www.facebook.com/pcosfight - PCOS Awareness
http://www.facebook.com/pcosdiva - PCOS Diva

Also, my friend Nory (who unfortunately suffers from this syndrome) has created gorgeous nail polish earrings to raise awareness for PCOS.  The earrings cost $4 USD, and $1 out of all PCOS earring sales goes towards the PCOS Challenge (http://www.pcoschallenge.com/).  I think what she is doing is absolutely wonderful!! :D  Here is a link where you can find her earrings.

-Ashesela

18 comments:

  1. This is amazing!!! Your support means so much to me <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post!! I love your tribute mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Norelis Ocasio: I just hope that with time (hopefully sooner rather than later) they find a cure, or at least easier ways of dealing with it. I think you are amazing for organizing all of this, and for your support for the cause. The fact that you made those earrings to help bring in donations is so wonderful!! :D

    @ Amanda: Thank you so much, Amanda!! :'D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ AllThatIsGorgeous: Thank you so much, Jenn!! :'D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a deeply beautiful, meaningful way to help spread awareness of one of a disease that affects so many, so very deeply. Though I do not have PCOS myself, I do have other chronic gynecological conditions and battle with fertility issues, so my heart and understanding completely go out to those with this difficult condition.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful PCOS awareness mani, beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome!! I have a mild form of PCOS, I didn't know that it was awareness month. Perhaps I should do a mani for it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ash, these are absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashesela, thank you for your support! I have been diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15 years old. I'm thankful my case isn't as severe as many others. I've dealt with moderate weight gain, and I have to take bc in order to get my period, aside from that, I'm all good. But you're very sweet for the support and I love your nails, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a gorgeous, gorgeous mani!!! Is the ribbon freehanded?
    I applaud you for supporting this cause!!! So debilitating yet so many doctors brush it aside =(

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ JennaFroggy: Thank you so much, Jenna!! :’D

    @ GoingtotheShowing: Thank you, Anna!! :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: I am so sorry to hear that you suffer from those issues. I really wish that there were more ways to help people with them. : ( Thank you so much for leaving your comment!!

    @ Marias Nail Art: Thank you so very much!!!

    @ Tishana: Thank you!! :)

    @ drinkcitra: Thank you so much!! : )

    @ Jacqui: Oh I am so sorry to hear that you have it!! : ( That would be so awesome if you did a manicure for it!! :D

    @ Elizabeth: Thank you so very much, Elizabeth!! :’D

    @ LittleMonsterx14: Thank you so much!! :)

    @ Jessica: Thank you so much for your kind comment!! : ) I have never been diagnosed with PCOS, but I do have ovarian cysts and have suffered several problems from them. I can’t imagine how it must be to have PCOS. I really wish the best for you :D!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this, these are really cute! ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about things and stuff, that I update sometimes.  >:D

I have a serious love for books, gaming, and general sci-fi and fantasy things.

I also love music and art, and hope to become a better musician and artist as time goes on.

I just started playing Magic: The Gathering again after a looooong break (11 years!?!), and it is awesome.  I hope to become a better Magic player too, because I'm not that great at it heheheh.

I was introduced to edh last (I think?) month, and it has quickly become a favourite format.

OH!  I also do MTG altered art, which I recently started and it is seriously fun and rewarding.  Magic + art practice?  Aw yeah!! :D

What else, what else...  I like video games, and play on both PC and console (PS!!).  I love rpg's and some good shooters, and killing zombies is a plus.

I love chocolate, tea and coffee.  I smoke cigarettes, which is stupid, so don't ever smoke cigarettes because it is stupid.

I also really like food.  Too much so.  Especially crunchy things!  I seriously need to get some bubble tea because it has been way too long.

I love to study but my ADHD makes it a bit difficult (a lot difficult, because remembering things can be kinda rediculous).  I also have obsessive compulsive disorder which sucks.  And anxiety disorders, which suck.

Favourite subjects include: astronomy, nihongo, art, geology, stuff like that.

HAVE AT YOU, KNAVE!  *slaps*
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts