Content

Friday, 24 August 2012

Sally Hansen Violet Voltage and Orly Be Brave


Good morning, dear readers! :D

Today I have a swatch of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Violet Voltage.

The moment I put this on, it became one of my favourite purples ever! :D Have a gander (and please excuse the crappy clean-up job around the nails >.<;):





It is such an amazingly stunning purple, and contains the most lovely pink shimmer!

Here it is with Orly Be Brave over top (please forgive the glitter trying to escape my nail):




Sparkle sparkle!

Speaking of Orly, I went in to Sally's Beauty Supply the other week (and my Dad bought me polishes!!  Thank you so much Dad! :D), and they were trying to get rid of some of their older polishes (a few specific colours of Finger Paints and some of the glitter China Glaze crackles).  In the bins at the front, they had this Orly and Mermaid's Tale, and you could get 2 for $3.00!!! O_O  So I did!! :D  Mermaid's Tale was one of the Flash Glam FX polishes that I really wanted!  Be Brave isn't one of my favourite polishes ever, but hey, I got it for $1.50! :D  I love a good deal, especially when the two of these would normally set me back around $20.00.

Have you found any great deals lately?  I'd love to hear about them! :)

-Ashesela


18 comments:

  1. love this purple. I think I have it in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh! your nails looks like a party! very nice :D

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm gonna have to go pick up that SH...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the base color, but you know how those little worm glitters really scare me >.< I have issues, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHMG instant lemming, Violet Voltage is super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa they didn't have the Flash Glam FX when I went in, but they did have the Dark Shadows polishes.

    Super pretty purple, I need to get my hands on more xtreme wear polishes, they're so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That purple is AMAZEBALLS on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the bar glitter on top of the purple! Bar glitter always reminds me of fireworks! Nice deal on the polishes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool color and great combination. Xoxo V. V.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this springtime perfect shade of purple - I'd wear it to attend a lilac festival.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS purple, and I love the bar glitter, too. I so wish SH Xtreme Wear colors liked me more, because they've got such a pretty lineup of colors, but I just can't abide their formula. Anyhoo... This looks like little fireworks on your fingers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome nails!!

    thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Xo,
    Eeka
    http://ericaliveloverandom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ ChiChi: I love it too!!! :D

    @ Lahlab: Thank you :D!!!

    @ Sharra Farivar: Hehehe!! I’m so glad you like it! :D

    @ JennaFroggy: Hahaha!! To me they look more hairy than worm-y. XD

    @ Marias Nail Art: :D!!! It looks even more beautiful in real life!! :D

    @ Julie: Technically they weren’t supposed to put the ones I got on sale, but the manager at the Sally’s I went to did anyway. XD

    @ Amanda: Eee thank you so much Amanda!!! :’D

    @ Lindsey R: Oooh I like the comparison to fireworks!! :D

    @ Vera Vanity: Thank you so much!! :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: I’m so glad you like it!! :D

    @ Liesl: I love the fireworks comparison!! :D Aw, I’m sorry that they don’t mesh with you. : ( I love the formula of the ones I have.

    @ Live.Love.Random.: Thank you so much!! Thank you for stopping by my blog as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! I think I will need to take a trip to Sallys tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ AllThatIsGorgeous: I'm so glad you like it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa! What a great combination! This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about beauty, art, and anything else I feel like writing about. :)
I have a serious love for skincare and nail art, and love me some sci-fi and fantasy books and games.
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts