Content

Friday, 31 August 2012

Born Pretty Review - Moveable Practice False Hand Nail Art Training Display

Good morning, dear readers! :D

I have another item to review for you, this time from the Born Pretty Store. :)

I got the Moveable Practice False Hand Nail Art Training Display (phew!).  What it is, is a fake hand with moveable fingers, which you can use for practising doing nails as well as a display for artificial nails.

Here are some photos:


It has a flat base which allows it to stand upright.


After moving the fingers.  XD  They are a bit on the stiff side, but are still moveable.


Comparison to my hand (I realised after I took the photos that I should moved my hand up a bit, but you get the idea :)).


Index nail bed size on false hand, and a comparison of my index nail size.



As you can see in the above two photos, you can 'slip' a false nail in the gaps that are surrounding the nail bed areas.  This is perfect for displaying nails, as you do not need to attach them to the hand with glue or tape.

However, if you are going to be using the hand as a base for practice, I would highly suggest making sure the nail is firmly attached to prevent it from sliding and falling out.  As I do not currently do acrylics, I will tape false nails to the hand and use it to practice painting nails and nail art :D.  This will come in really handy for me, as painting someone else's nails are so different than painting your own (in my opinion).

I definitely recommend this!!  I am very pleased with it. :D  Although I had hoped that the fingers would be easier to move, I am glad that they can move, instead of staying in only one position like many other false hands.

I hope that you are having a wonderful day, and that you have a fantastic weekend!! :D

-Ashesela

8 comments:

  1. I have a really huge fear of dolls so this totally falls under the "keep far, far away from Amanda" category. I don't know what it is, but anything somewhat lifelike but isn't (i.e. mannequins) freak me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also really creeped out xDDD Have fun with it though LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on their side... a little creepy! I think it's fabulous though that you bought something to practice on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! It reminds me (in an infinitely more grown up and practical way) of those cute Barbie heads and hands you could apply make-up to that some gals had back in the 80s and 90s (they might still exist, come to think of it).


    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cool, but I would have to hide this at night because it might scare me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Amanda: Oooh sorry to hear that!! I find it so handy. LOL HANDY!! OMG sorry XD.

    @ Sharra Farivar: Ahahahha!! Thanks XD!

    @ Meredith Anne: Hahaha!! Actually, this was sent to me for review. :) But I would buy one if I hadn't already gotten this one. I may still buy another one, actually. :D

    @ Jessica Cangiano: I had a Barbie head/face one!! Those were so awesome! :D I think they do still have them. :D *Goes out and buys one XD*

    @ Jayne: Ahahahha!!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! This is pretty interesting! A bit scary...but cool at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ drinkcitra: Hahaha!! I have to admit that the thought of people being scared of this never crossed my mind when I was writing this post. XD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about beauty, art, and anything else I feel like writing about. :)
I have a serious love for skincare and nail art, and love me some sci-fi and fantasy books and games.
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts