Content

Wednesday, 27 June 2012

CalliopeKitten Review

Good morning, dear readers! :D

Today I have a few awesome products to show you! 

I am very fortunate in being able to review some jewellery from Krystyn (of CalliopeKitten), a Toronto-based jewellery maker who has some seriously adorable and funky designs!  I contacted her to see if I could do a review, as I fell in love with the first bracelet I saw on her blog.  Since then, I have seen several other pieces that I really want to own, including the moustache necklaces!!  (Seriously, these are so fantastic and you HAVE to see them -> link!). :D 

She packaged the bracelets in the most adorable pink and green box, but I misplaced it and so I cannot show you a photo of it.  :(  It is seriously cute!! 

Onto the review!

Here is The Cali (CalliopeKitten’s signature bracelet line), in turquoise (real turquoise beads).  As their website says, “the Cali bracelet is recognizable by its large focal point, which is a large outline of a shape such as a circle, and have a different type of bead going through them than the rest of the beads on the bracelet”.




I LOVE this!!  This piece is what drew me to her products, and I am so glad I saw it!!  I am so excited to have one of these, as I think they are positively stunning!!!  There are several versions of The Cali, but this one is definitely my favourite.  :D  The beads and design are gorgeous, and I think the focal point really sets it apart from other bracelets.  Not only is it beautiful, but it has a stretchy clear thread going through the beads, so you don’t have any clasps to fumble with (and I find clasps can really detract from the design).  I am a big fan of easy to put on and go jewellery! :D

Next up is one of her Margarita Stretch bracelets.  This one is in blueberry. :D  The beads have a rubbery type finish which is really interesting to the touch, and they are gorgeous to look at.  :D  These are made to layer and are sold in sets of three, and you can get them in several colours. :D (To be honest the beads remind me of seeing Earth from space, with the vast expanses of blue and white clouds).




Next up, the turquoise white stone skull bracelet.  This has gorgeous turquoise beads and a single skull howlite bead as a focal point.  I have always been freaked out by skulls (despite having one myself), so I gave this one to my sister, who thinks it is great!!  :D  It is a fantastic bracelet (it also has a really good weight to it) but since skulls scare me (while my sister thinks they are really cool) I figured it would be best in her possession. :D XD




For last, we have the pastel pearl-ized bead bracelet.  This one is so cute! Wearing it reminds me of my childhood, and how wearing jewellery made me feel like a princess.  ^-^  I really like how there are metal painted wooden beads in between the pastel ones.  Very lovely! :D




All of these are on stretchy clear cords, and are awesome to wear!!!  

For fun, here are a couple shots with the three blue bracelets:



Thank you so much, Krystyn!!!  I thoroughly enjoy these bracelets, and I hope to get my hands on some moustache necklaces!!! :D

Here are links to Krystyn's blog, her etsy store, and her tumblr. :D

I hope that everyone enjoyed this review! :D  The products have been sent to me (after I asked to do a review).  My reviews will always be honest! ;)

-Ashesela

16 comments:

  1. These are super cute! I like the skull bracelet, but I get why it scares you--his grin is a little freaky. :) And the first bracelet goes perfectly for your mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous all of them, but I prefer The Cali - and I love the matching manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bracelets are gorgeous! I like that skull bracelet lol
    I saw the mustache necklaces you mentioned! Those are too cute!
    I also love you mani! It goes so well with the jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I can't type...*your mani* lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. they indeed are lovely!!
    love your nails.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are cute!! and look so fit with your mani! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Chelsea: Thank you so much!! :D This mani was inspired by The Cali. :D

    @ Marias Nail Art: Thank you!!!! :D

    @ drinkcitra: Thank you very much!!! :D It was inspired by the first bracelet :D. OMG aren't those moustaches so freaking cute??! XD

    @ YoannitaL: Thank you so much!! :D!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic pairing of nail hue and jewelry. Turquoise has always been in my top five favourite colours, so I'm all over everything here! :)

    Thank you very much for your blog comment and that link today. No worries at all, so long as a link isn't spammy, I love it - and am really touched - when people share things with me that they think I'd like. Thanks again!

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looveeeeeeeee the accessories! Love the turquoise color! They love sooo beautiful! Thnx for following me through BLT, following you back! =D
    Love the nails aslo btw, great match!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I've nominated you for the One Lovely blog award. I just noticed you've done one of the same name with a different image, so if they're the same thing, I totally understand you not doing it, but I thought I'd let you know all the same!

    http://myglitteryobsessions.blogspot.ca/2012/06/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    Also, I love that bracelet with the skull bead! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the skull bracelet! ive been looking for one like that but just havent found it yet

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look really nice, I think the cali is my fave x :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Jessica Cangiano: Thank you so much!! :D I’m glad you liked the link! :D I love turquoise too!!! :D

    @ Ileana Recommends: Thank you so much for your kind comment!! Also, thank you so much for following me!! :’D

    @ Kristy: Thank you so much!!! :’D I really appreciate that!!!! :D

    @ Miss City Chic: I’m glad that you like it!!! :D

    @ CharlieDBeauty: I’m so glad you like them!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Sandra: Thank you very much!!! :D

    @ Amanda: Thank you so much, Amanda!! :'D You are so kind! :'D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about things and stuff, that I update sometimes.  >:D

I have a serious love for books, gaming, and general sci-fi and fantasy things.

I also love music and art, and hope to become a better musician and artist as time goes on.

I just started playing Magic: The Gathering again after a looooong break (11 years!?!), and it is awesome.  I hope to become a better Magic player too, because I'm not that great at it heheheh.

I was introduced to edh last (I think?) month, and it has quickly become a favourite format.

OH!  I also do MTG altered art, which I recently started and it is seriously fun and rewarding.  Magic + art practice?  Aw yeah!! :D

What else, what else...  I like video games, and play on both PC and console (PS!!).  I love rpg's and some good shooters, and killing zombies is a plus.

I love chocolate, tea and coffee.  I smoke cigarettes, which is stupid, so don't ever smoke cigarettes because it is stupid.

I also really like food.  Too much so.  Especially crunchy things!  I seriously need to get some bubble tea because it has been way too long.

I love to study but my ADHD makes it a bit difficult (a lot difficult, because remembering things can be kinda rediculous).  I also have obsessive compulsive disorder which sucks.  And anxiety disorders, which suck.

Favourite subjects include: astronomy, nihongo, art, geology, stuff like that.

HAVE AT YOU, KNAVE!  *slaps*
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Popular Posts