31 Day Nail Challenge - Day 6 - Violet (Freehand)

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Good morning, dear readers! :D

Today is day 6 of the 31 Day Nail Challenge, and today's theme is 'violet'.

For this I went with purple instead of violet (in the wiki entry for purple, violet is not actually a purple in colour theory, as it is a spectral colour, and purples are defined as any non-spectral colours between violet and red... go figure!).

For the base polish I used Revlon Royal Cloak.  I then added some Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Glass Slipper, and painted the designs at the bottom of each nail with acrylic craft paint.  :)







I really love the effect of Glass Slipper over Royal Cloak.  I think it is an absolutely gorgeous combo!! :D

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day!! :D

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. I love this look! That purple is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous! Oh wow, thanks for sharing that info about violet! haha very interesting :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. this are super pretty! they remind me of snowflakes and winter :) great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything with Royal Cloak makes me swoon. This is no exception :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely purple and the lace completes the picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Simple Joy Of Polish: Thank you so much!! :D Yeah, I love that polish!! :D

    @ drinkcitra: My pleasure, and thank you so much!! :D

    @ esmeheredia: Aww I LOVE your description!! I adore snowflakes and winter!!! ^-^ Thank you!

    @ Amanda: I love Royal Cloak too!! I'm so glad you like this!! :D

    @ Marias Nail Art: Thank you so much!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ MariJo: Thank you!! :D

    @ Jennius: Thank you very much!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Polish and Charms: Thank you very much!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, great job, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, great job, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous as ever - well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely purple. How long does it take you to do your freehand? It always looks like it takes hours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ hollysagemini: Thank you so much!!! :D!

    @ ChiChi: Thank you!! :D This pattern was pretty easy so it didn't take too long, but some of my nail arts do take hours. I usually sit and watch a movie or something while doing the really detailed ones. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really good, it looks like its been stamped (because of through precise detail) really great mani x :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ My Nail Polish Online: :'D You are so sweet!! Thank you!

    @ CharlieDBeauty: Thank you so much!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D