Twinsie Tuesday - Tape Manicure

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Good morning, dear readers! :D

Today is Twinsie Tuesday, and this weeks theme is tape manicures.


This is the first tape manicure I have done in a looong time.  I think it is my second or third one, ever.  I used a base of Revlon Popular (re-named Starry Pink), put a layer of topcoat on, then I put tape in random patterns on my nails.  I then used a purple glitter franken that my sister made, took off the tape, then sealed it with topcoat again.  After that I painted around the shapes with black acrylic paint and added some dots.  It is a bit messy, but that is okay.  :)








I made some of the black lines thicker than others.  This was really fun to do! :D

If you haven't already, don't forget to check out these other wonderful blogs and their Twinsie Tuesday posts:


Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Sarah at See Sarah Swatch

Have a fantastic day!! :D

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

32 comments

  1. This is so cute! It looks like city blocks with sparkly pink roads :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you added the outline.. that makes it look so cool! Great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The addition of the black outline is fantastic! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the versatility of tape! I'm just starting to get into it myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you always amaze me! this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ GoingtotheShowing: Thank you so much!! :D

    @ halona: Whee!! :D I love that description! Thank you! ^-^

    @ Lindsey R: Thank you!!! :D

    @ Paulina: Thank you very much!! :D

    @ WitchHazel: Thank you so much!! :D

    @ TopCoatIt: :'D Thank you!!

    @ Victoria: It's super fun, isn't it?? :D I didn't realize just how fun it was until this manicure! :D

    @ The Collegiate Nail: :'D Thank you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really fun. Especially in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Bambi: Thank you so much!! :D

    @ MariJo: It really was fun to do!! :D

    @ Maria: :'D Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Kaki: Thank you so much! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you added the black! It looks so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ A Girl and Her Polish: Thank you so much!! :D I'm glad you like it!! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have many beautiful nail arts. I would like be so good as you in nail art. :D These nails looks really nice.

    I joined to your readers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Nora: Thank you so, so much!!! You are so kind! :D

    @ Sandra: Thank you so much! :D!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmm, I like that. It reminds me a little bit of huge, advanced crackles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! Sorta looks tribal, but pastel?!?! I almost used Starry Pink too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ashley, you put me to shame! This is fantastic! And I love the purple and pink color combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Rainbowify Me: Thank you!! :D

    @ Polish and Charms: Thank you so much!! :D

    @ ChiChi: Thank you very much!! :D

    @ AllThatIsGorgeous: Thank you!! :D Ahaha, that is hilarious that we almost both used the same polish!! :D

    @ Amanda: Oh, I don't put you to shame, your blog is magnificent!!! :D Thank you so much for your kindness! :'D

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is STUNNING! I love how you added different patterns and textures in addition to the tape lines. You are a nail art goddess, my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I knew I would be blown away by your tape mani, but this is SO amazing! I love everything about this!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ Chelsea: You are so sweet!!!! :'D Thank you so much for your kind compliments!! :'D

    @ HaulOfFame: :'D You are so kind!!! Thank you so, so much!!! :'D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...so fancy!! Love it! Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like this! It's really neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ drinkcitra: Thank you!!!! :D

    @ ScarsLikeLace: Thank you!!! ^-^ :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D