Friday, April 06, 2012

Easter Splatter Nails With Pysanka

Good early morning, dear readers! :D

If your wondering why I have been posting so much in the last day or so, it is because I have done several Easter-y manicures that I want to show you before Easter is over.  :D

Here is a splatter manicure that I did yesterday.  The base colour is a franken I made, the light blue is another franken, the yellow is Essence Wanna Be Your Sunshine, the pink is Essence Ultimate Pink, and the purple is Essence Break Through.  I used some Sephora by O.P.I matte top coat.  Please excuse the dry skin, my hands have been through a lot lately.



And now for just the nails:





If you aren't already familiar with how this type of manicure is done, you paint a base colour then use a straw to make the effect.  You dip it in the colour you want to spray, then blow through the straw to splatter the polish.  It is really fun!! :D  I find that the bigger splats are made if you blow the straw closer to the nail, and the smaller splats are from further away.  Super fun!

Have a wonderful day! :D

-Ashesela

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS, and I just did my first ever splatter mani tonight, too! I love it, but cleanup was nottt a fun time. :P I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Courtney Eldridge: OOOh yeah, the clean-up sucked big time!! >.<! I heard a tip about using petroleum jelly or lip balm on your skin first so you can wipe the polish off easier, but my lip balm didn't work. I don't know if I didn't use enough, so maybe next time I'll go with the petroleum jelly!! Thank you so much for the compliment! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love this! So cool! I'm thinking of doing either something like this, or else a water marble, for the Coldplay concert I'm going to on the 21st!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and so much fun.

    I Love the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to try splatter one of these days...

    Your pysanka is really beautiful! And I love the mani!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I hope to try a splatter mani soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look amazing!! I love splatter nails, but I haven't had the guts to try them yet. Yours are awesome!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Kristy: Thank you so much!! :D That’s awesome, I’d love to see your design! :D I am so bad at water marbling, lol!! XD

    @ Polish and Charms: Thank you!! :D

    @ Lizzy O: Thank you so very much!! :D

    @ Julie: Thank you so much!! :D

    @ Amanda: You really should, this was so fun to do!! :D Thank you so much for your compliments!!!! :D

    @ Stephanie: Thank you!! :D You really should, they are so much fun! :D

    @ ScarsLikeLace: Thank you so, so much!!! You should really go for it! I would love to see what yours would look like! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That has a very 90s look to it! One of my best friends growing up had a hot pink room with grey, white, and black splatter all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Lindsey R: Haha, it reminded me of the late 80's!! That must have been an interesting room!!

    @ Jennius: Thank you very much!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love splatter manis! This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like so much fun! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Bethany Taylor: Thank you so much!! It was so fun to do! :D

    @ drinkcitra: It was!! :D Thank you very much!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so freaking awesome!!! I absolutely love the colors you chose and the end result turned so cool!! I hope you don't mind, but I pinned this one on pinterest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Theodora R: Wow, thank you!!! :D I don't mind at all!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...