Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Nail Mail 3! :D

Good evening, dear readers.

I wanted to share with you some products that were sent to me for review, from Everbella.

Here is what I received:




WOOEE!!!  How fun is this!!! :D

Okay!  Here goes:

First off, let me say that this was shipped to me really fast.  Due to strange customs problems, they shipped this to me directly from Hong Kong as shipping from the US would have taken longer to get here (Canada).    Canada customs can be a bit wonky sometimes.  Despite this coming from the other side of the world, it got to me really quickly!

It was packaged well with no damages to the products.  :D

Here are some close-ups!

This is the Nail Art Deco Glitter set, item number 54101.




These glitters are super colorful, and super cute!! :D These are the kind of glitter that you would want to put on top of a manicure, and not in nail polish directly.  They are not solvent-resistant (I tested it).  They come in glass tube containers, with a synthetic top that has a handy-dandy hole in it to help opening the bottle.  Most of them I could open just by pulling on the tabs, but for the one that was pushed down a little further, I stuck something in the hole, pulled it up and it came off really easily.  I am impressed by the vibrancy of these glitters, and look forward to using them.

Next is the Glitter Dust Deco Set Mix, item number 54003-MIX.




These are absolutely beautiful!!  They all have an iridescence to them (except the pot on the bottom, which is holographic).  They all have medium/small and tiny glitter in them, in a beautiful range of shades.  These are fantastic for manicures!  They are great for sprinkling over nails, dipping tips into them to make a glittery french manicure (I love this technique), and other nail uses.  These are for putting on top of a manicure, as they are also not solvent-resistant (I tested).  I have tried these and think that they are great!  They would be beautiful for arts and crafts projects as well.  Like the products below, these come in circular pots (loose, so you can take out what you want to use and leave the rest in the larger case) nestled within a larger case, and you can re-use them after you run out of product.

Next is the Nail Art Deco Shell Paper set, item number 54102.



I've seen these used in manicures, and they can look really cool! :D There is a nice range of colours in these.  I haven't tried these out yet, but I will soon!  (Like the others, they come in little loose plastic pots in a larger, rectangular case, so when you run out of product you can re-use the casings.)  That makes me happy! >:D

Last but definitely not least, is the Nail Art Deco Glitter Set in Large, item number 54003-L.  This is my favourite out of the bunch!!


Look at those beauties!!  They are indeed quite large hexagonal loose glitters, and all of them are holographic (except the ones on the top right, as they are translucent).

I seriously love these!   These are great for placing on manicures, using in crafts, and body art.  I have used these a couple of times and when I run out I definitely want to get more!  They come in a beautiful range of colours, and despite the little pot size, you get a very decent amount of glitter.

Now, from what I have tested so far, the majority of these seem (seem, I can't tell for positive) solvent resistant.  I have tested these in a couple different types of polish, and from what I can tell they have kept their colour and shape.  I am not sure about the translucent ones, but the ones that are holographic seem to be doing well.  But keep in mind that there are different chemical compositions for different nail polishes, so use them for frankening at your own risk.

There is some glitter loose in the big containers (that house the little ones) but I don't mind.  Glitter is pretty hard to contain.  As someone once told me, it is like the herpes of the craft world.  XD

Overall I have to say that I am extremely pleased with these products.  They do what they are supposed to do, and they look great while doing it! ;)  They are also really inexpensive, and there is a coupon on the right side of my blog that lets you get 10% off any purchase if you use the code during ordering (no, I don't get anything from referring you, so don't worry about the authenticity of my referral ;)).

I want to stress that although these items were sent to me for review, that has not influenced my reviews at all.  I will always review things honestly on this blog, as I want you to know the true performance and worth of said products.  :)  I would ask the same of any blogger doing reviews.  :)

A huge thanks to Everbella for giving me the opportunity to review these great glitters!  (Man do I ever love glitter!!).  I will be doing many a manicure using these in the near future!! :D

Take care everyone!

-Ashesela

8 comments:

  1. Wow this is awesome! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That so reminds me of those art kits you'd get as a kid! So much fun to play with!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! Can't wait to see manis with this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ The Collegiate Nail: Thank you so much!! Me too! :D

    @ Lindsey R: I still love stuff like this, haha! :D

    @ Shannara: Yeah!! I am so excited to use it again! :D

    @ drinkcitra: Thank you! :D

    @ Polish and Charms: Definately!! :D I ADORE that huge glitter!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to have so much fun with these, can't wait to see the results xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...