A Very Important Favor to Ask

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hello dear readers.

It has been brought to my attention that the friend of a blogger whom I follow has been told that she has about two months left to live. D:

Her name is Janet, and she has been diagnosed with leukemia.  Last year she was healthy and happy in remission, but this year she is in the hospital and may not have that much time left.  :(

She is one of the reasons why I entered myself into the bone marrow registry which uses an international database to find matches for donations.  It is super easy to get registered (basically you use a cotton swab in your mouth and mail it back to the registry) and there are a couple ways to donate cells if you are proven to be a match.

It is incredibly hard to find a match, even with the database being international.  Some potential donors who are proven to be a match end up changing their mind about donating.

This is incredibly important, and I am scared for Janet and hope so much that she gets another chance at life!

Please check out this blog link, and if you can, please tell others about the registry.

Thank you all so very much!!

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. i just watched the video and im feel so so sorry about that. i really hope she gets perfect match really soon. i will put her in my prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ YoannitaL: Thank you very much!! I appreciate this so, so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear.. She's in my prayers now. SO sad.. but I pray she gets well soon and a match is found for her. It's so kind of you to share this. You're such an amazing person Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Lizzy O.: Thank you so very much for praying for her, and for your kind comment!! I'm not amazing at all, haha but I wish I was! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thanks for sharing this. I hope she finds a match. The guy who established the photojojo website was diagnosed with leukemia last year and he spread the word online for people to enter themselves into the bone registry. He eventually found a match! I truly hope your friend will find a match out there! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ drinkcitra: I am so glad that the photojojo guy found a match!!! :D That is so awesome! Thank you for your sweet comment, I hope that she does too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting this. I have never thought about donating, but something so selfless can save a life. I am going to research on how to donate get some more information on the process. It does state that ethnicity is important and minorities are needed. I will keep her in my thoughts, and I hope Janet finds a match and donor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ AllThatIsGorgeous: Thank you so very much Jenn!! I appreciate this so much, I can't even say!! It is amazing that we can have the chance to save someones life!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You hear so much about cancer these days. To be afraid of.
    My aunt, father in law and neighbor all have cancer.

    I do not know if this is appropriate but
    you've been nominated for the I Love Your Blog Award.
    You can pick it up if you like :-)
    http://nailsandstuff-shannara.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-love-your-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Shannara: I am so sorry to hear that so many people you know have cancer. :( My aunt had cancer, and my grandmother passed away from it. It is so scary how common cancer is now! :(

    Thank you so much for your comments, and for the award, I really appreciate it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh!! I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope she gets another chance as well. I don't think I'm a good candidate because I'm anemic, but I'll look into it first before jumping to conclusions. I'll also tweet this to get the word out.
    You are so awesome for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ MariJo: Thank you so very much, I appreciate this so incredibly much that I can't even say. Spreading the word is such a huge help!!! (Right now I am on iron pills for anemia too!! XD)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing! I participated in a 5k here for the same thing. I sincerely hope she gets a match!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great post!! I hope she'll be all right!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Polish and Charms: Thank you so much, that is awesome!! :D I hope that she does too!

    @ Nailderella: Thank you so much, I really hope that she will be okay too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to here this about your friend! My prays are with her!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope everything turns out alright! That is so so terrible, I'm so sorry to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Nail Reflections: Thank you so very much!!!

    @ ScarsLikeLace: Thank you so, so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D