Sound of Drums - Franken, Cute Blog Award and Hooked! Post

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Good afternoon, dear readers!

Sorry that I haven't been doing much on here for the past little while; I have been pretty busy and reaaally tired lately.

For today's post I wanted to show you a swatch of Sound of Drums, a beautiful franken made by my sister.  This franken was part of the first set my sister and I made (here is the link to that post).

This is a lovely sandy/bronzey polish with the most beautiful tiny green shimmer specks in it.  Unfortunately, my camera would NOT pick up the green, no matter which way I posed my nails.  :(








I really love this colour!!! :D

I will be swatching a lot more frankens when I return home.  These photos were taken earlier in the week, and as you can see my skin is pretty grumpy at me!

I also wanted to send out a huge thanks to Kia from NailsN'cupcakes for giving me the Cute Blog Award!!! :D  (I love this award, it is sooo adorable!! XD)



Thank you so much, Kia!!! :D XD

I have received this award before (but I love receiving more!! :D!), and here is the post where I linked some absolutely wonderful blogs.  I really suggest checking out Kia's wonderful blog, and the others on my list! :D

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! ^_^ :D

Now for one more thing!  Yesterday hollysagemini from Hooked! made a post on the upcoming 2012 nail polish trends, and asked several of us bloggers if we would like to contribute to the post!  I was very lucky to be able to make a manicure on the 'pastel' trend, and you can see the article here!  These are some gorgeous manicures by some very lovely people, and I heartily suggest checking them out! :D

Here is my submission to the post (I made this manicure before I left home):





For this manicure I used Orly Snowcone, China Glaze For Audrey, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow and Mini Sally Girl polishes in Simple and TTFN. 

I hope you like these swatches, and that each and every one of you have a wonderful day! :D

-Ashesela ^_^


You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. I love the pastel look, it's so cute :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! I love sounds of drums! It so pretty and light looking! I hope you win because your nails are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that on the other blog and really love the dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great submission! Looks very Easter-y!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That franken is amazing!!! It looks so great with your skin tone. I love your pastel mani too!! So pretty ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ GretalRabbit: Thank you very much!! ^-^

    @ Nail Reflections: Aw, thank you so much for your kind comments!! :) You are so sweet, and I am really glad that you like Sound of Drums!! :D Truth be told, the manicure wasn't for a contest (it was for a sort of guest post thingy) but I so appreciate your kind words!!! ^-^

    @ Fingers: Thank you so much!!! :D

    @ Lindsey R: Thank you very much!!! :D

    @ Polish and Charms: Thank you!! I'm so glad that you like it!! :D

    @ MariJo: Aw thank you so very much!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pastel mani is adorable! It makes me miss spring so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Chelsea: Thank you so much!! :D No worries, spring will be here soon. :) (Sooner rather than later if this weird weather keeps up!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, this franken would look FANTASTIC with a tan on the beach...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ ChromaCraze: Thank you so much!! :D ^-^

    @ Jayne: :D! It is such a gorgeous sandy colour (I love her frankens!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE THAT GOLD FRANKEN. Also, your pastel mani is lovely. Congrats on getting the award again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful. You did great. I love the combined post on Holly's Blog! Great work ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Courtney Eldridge: Thank you so much!!! :D I really appreciate it! I'm so glad that you like the franken! ^-^

    @ Lizzy O.: Thank you so much!! :D It was a lot of fun! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Shannara: Thank you so very much!! :D ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  16. oeps haaaa sorry, spelling was wrong

    lovely shade, your mani looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow your sister made an awesome franken! You guys are so creative :) I love your mani too! Super cute! So Spring-like!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ drinkcitra: Thank you so much!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D