Great News

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Good morning, dear readers!! :D

I have excellent news!  Yesterday I got a call back from the clinic I went to for diabetic testing, and they wanted me to come in for a follow up.  I bundled up since the temperature was freeeezing, and wandered over.

I don't have diabetes!! :D  YAY!!  It turns out that what I thought were diabetic episodes where actually episodes of overactive hypoglycemia.  So... like the complete opposite of diabetes.  :S  I am so glad about that!  I still have to watch for diabetes since I am susceptible to it since it runs so rampant in my family, but at least I don't have it right now! :D  Plus, I will be getting exercise and cleaning up my diet (and quitting smoking!) to help prevent it and other health problems.

Apparently my B12 levels are insufficient (I am 199 and sufficient levels are over 220) and I am extremely low on iron.  I was really surprised by how low on iron I am, and my doctor prescribes me some iron supplements while I eat more red meat and dark leafy greens.  The levels for iron are this (these are ug/L):

<12 Iron deficient
12-30 Depleted iron stores
31-79 Reduced iron stores
80-300 Normal iron stores
>300 Likely iron overload

So for iron, between 80-300 is ideal, and my count was...... *dum dum duuummmmmm*.... 9.

9!!!  LOL!!  I was like "WHAT??!"  That is such a measly count!  So I am definitely iron deficient!  I have had low-ish iron readings before, but not like that.  Sheesh!  So I will be changing my diet and getting another blood test in a month to see how things are improving.  Also I need to exercise as my good cholesterol is a bit low.

I wanted to thank all of you so much for your kind comments over this last while!!  I really appreciate all of you, and thank you so much for your concern.  :'D

Have a wonderful day, my friends!

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. I am so happy to hear the news Ashesela!!! And I'm glad you were able to find out the things you need to work on. Please take care of yourself, your health is most important!! Wishing you success on the road to good health ;0).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fixable! YAY! Oh I'm so glad to here that! Low iron can make you feel so bad in so many ways! Thanks god they have a pill for that! I expected you to be bouncing around like a bunny in a few!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I happy for you!! I definitely should eat better, too, but I love Mountain Dew & zebra cakes, or a cigarette & some Amaretto too much! =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. 9? Woah! I didn't know it was possible to get that low.
    Glad to hear everything's at least treatably fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ MariJo: Thank you so, so very much!! :'D I'm definitely using this as a wake-up call to take care of myself!

    @ Nail Reflections: Thank you so much!!!! :'D I hope I will!! :D I'm looking forward to feeling less like a slug and more like a human, lol!!

    @ ScarsLikeLace: Thank you so very much!! Haha, I understand. I used to drink like a fish but I quit drinking, so I know I can quit smoking too!! :D

    @ Allie-bee: I know, eh?? I was so surprised about that number too! I actually burst out laughing when I read that! XD Thank you so much!!

    THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!! :'D <- Crying with happiness face! All your words and support have meant so much to me! :'D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, good news indeed! Get those iron levels back up:P I try to put spinach in my salads and sandwiches, and I also take a multi-vitamin to help keep things in check.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! It seems 2012 has already brought good things your way. To an equally happy and healthy rest of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 9 LOL, that made me laugh although I know it shouldn't have. I hope a broccoli and spinach diet will help you to increase your iron levels and am really happy to hear you don't have diabetes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're okay, what a great start of the new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear it's not Diabetes. I am in the same boat, I have to be careful! It also runs rampant in my family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What amazing news! Hopefully, you will start to feel better soon once you start making those lifestyle changes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Lindsey R: Really great idea!! I love spinach! :D

    @ Amanda: Thank you so much and same to you!! :D

    @ Laura: Hahaha, it made me laugh too. I had the readings printed out for me, and I read them while on the phone with my sister and we both broke out laughing. XD YAY broccoli is such a great idea!! :D Thank you for your kind words. ^-^

    @ Shannara: Thank you so very much!! :D I agree; what a wonderful start! :D

    @ Polish and Charms: Thank you! Aw, sorry to hear that. It is so scary how common diabetes is becoming! That, and cancer. Yikes! I hope that you are always healthy and never develop it!!

    @ Jayne: Thank you so much!! :'D I hope so!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Great news! :) Lol when you said your iron count was 9 I was like :O lol. So funny. It makes me wonder how my nutrient levels are...eek

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ drinkcitra: I know, hahaha!! I was so surprised and literally starting laughing a lot! XD Thank you for your kind words! :D I hope that you are healthier than I am, hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is great news!!! I am happy to hear that you do not have diabetes! I have wonky cholesterol too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG hahahaha

    I still think it is a pretty shade

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for not diabetes!

    This happened to me too with Winter Sky! I even did two coats of base coat and it still stained my nails!!!

    Check out my blog sometime: fancyphalanges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D