Yeesh!

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Hello and good evening, dear readers!


I hope that the day has treated you well. :D

"Well Officer, we've had a doozey of a day.."

To add to the stress that has been swirling around me this year (of which there has been so, so much), this morning I ate some jam on toast and had a nice big hot chocolate (aww yeah!). About three hours later, I got reaaally shaky and hungry. My sister and Mom (I am staying with my family right now) suggested I test my blood with my Mom's diabetic kit. I believe that the average range for healthy blood sugar levels is within 4-8 (don't hold me to that). When I tested mine, it was 2.9!! So I had to literally cram sugar into my mouth, as it was so low! This is not good, as diabetes runs in both sides of my family. Also, if blood sugar gets too low it can induce a coma.

I've never been diagnosed as diabetic or glucose intolerant, but I am going to try to get some tests done very soon! At least when you catch these things early you have a better chance of putting the disease off or at least controlling it.

Ayiyi! As if this year wasn't stressful enough!

Well, methinks I'm going to have to do more manicures!! XD I must say that I really enjoy this new hobby. I love looking at the new magnificent colours available, the joy of a beautiful finish and perfect formula. Collecting little bottles of beauty and finding ways to display them. I like getting excited about new collections and old treasures that I have never seen before. Plus, I really love the sense of community in the nail polish blogosphere (and redditlaqueristas!) The art skills that people display on their blogs are so inspiring to me!

I wish you all the best, and hope that everything is going well with each and every one of you!

Take care,

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Wow! I love your poinsettias! They are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello =)
    I am using a translator, not speak English, I hope that everything makes sense to you.
    I loved his work, I see a lot of art here. Porcela I painted for a while, there comes a time we do not have space for everything and started to donate them. So today I paint nails, is a work done for me and for me. It is an ephemeral art, but I like to imagine projects and run them to a person who is very special, I. XD
    Congratulations on your art! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I hope your feeling better and go get that checked out! We can't have you not painting now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have type 1 diabetes :( if you ever want to chat or have any questions, you know where to find me

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jane: Thank you very much for your kind comment! :) Nail art is wonderful, and great because you don't have huge canvas paintings everywhere if you don't have the room for them! I am a painter as well, and it is hard for me to find space for all of my art. ^-^

    @ Nail Reflections: Hahahha thank you!! :D You made me smile. XD

    @ Julia: Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! The same goes for you, if you ever need to talk. Wow, Type 1? Did you have to go on insulin right away? D:

    ReplyDelete
  6. No problem! Yep, I did. My doctor sent me straight to the ER and they gave me insulin almost right away. My mom is a bit hypoglycemic at times but it doesn't usually cause her much trouble, she just carries sweets with her in case :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that must have been quite a shock for you!! D: My Mom carries some sweets too. Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D