Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Simple Dots and New Years Sparkle!

Good evening, dear readers!

How are you all today?  I hope that everyone had a great day.  :)  Today my Dad and I went to the doctor, and he has bronchitis.  :(  I really hope that he feels better soon!  He is one of those people who doesn't get sick often, but when he does he can get it really bad.  Unfortunately this is one of the really bad times. But, at least we went to the doctor and got him a prescription of antibiotics! :D

I got a requisition to finally get my blood checked for diabetes.  That means I have to fast tonight (I hate fasting!  I am such a wuss, lol!!). XD

Anyhoo, onto the nails! :D

For the green manicure with dots, I used a base of Zoya Yara (yesterdays nails :D) with Essie Very Structured and Essie Eternal Optimist.

For the glitter-fest I used a base of China Glaze Lorelei's Tiara, then some L.A. Girl Glitter Addict polish in Aqueous (both Lorelei's Tiara and Aqueous were wonderful Christmas gifts!! :D).  I then used some China Glaze Snow Globe, China Glaze Fairy Dust and a mini sally girl silver glitter polish.

Unfortunately the photos don't pick up all the holographic and sparkly goodness, but they still look pretty! :D







This combination reminds me of O.P.I Gone Gonzo, but with a bit more colour and holographic goodness!
Sparkles and blue and silver really remind me of the New Year, so that is why I titled this post 'New Years Sparkle'! :D  (In case anyone was wondering, lol ^-^)

Have a wonderful night everyone! :D

-Ashesela

17 comments:

  1. Ooh, so sparkly! I love the dots on the first manicure, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that you father has bronchitis. Hope the antibiotics will help. It can't be fun for him.

    And I hope your blood test goes well. (I also don't like fasting, especially when there are so many delicious things to eat. :P)

    Both of your manicures look gorgeous. And I agree that blue combination really does look similar to OPI Gone Gonzo! (I like your combination better, though.)

    And cute dots - I love seeing whimsical nail designs like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE SPARKLE
    So worth the effort to get it off :)

    Hope your test turns out all right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty manis!! I hope your dad gets better soon. The antibiotics should definitely help!

    All the best with your test tomorrow. I hate fasting too!! Probably because I love food so much, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is simple and beautiful, wow how many posts had i been missing from your blog?? i just got back home yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh la la! Mega glitter! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you duped gone gonzo pretty well! i love combining colors to get the look of another polish. and well wishes to you dad, hope he gets well soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like them both! Still have to think of something for new year

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Lindsey R: Thank you so much!! :D

    @ Swatch and Learn: Thank you so much for your kind comments! I think my Dad is feeling a bit better today :D. Fasting sucks, I want my tea! XD

    @ Allie-bee: Hahah yup! :D Thank you!!

    @ MariJo: Thank you so very much!! Yeah, I miss food already and it has only been just under 7 hours (and most of that was sleeping) LOL!!

    @ YoannitaL: Hahah, I haven't been as active on here during the Christmas time so you probably didn't miss too many! XD

    @ ChromaCraze: Thank you! :D

    @ Parisa: Thank you very much! Gone Gonzo is so pretty :D. Thanks so much for the well wishes!

    @ Polish and Charms: Thank you!!! :D

    @ Shannara: Thank you very much! I want to come up with more ideas too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your combination for the colors with your dots! Can never have to much glitter! Hope your dad gets better! Fasting sucks so good luck with that! No i'm not eating a cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Nail Reflections: AHahhahaha!!! XD Oooh what kind of cookie was it? :D I just got back home now so I can eat again! :D YAAAY! Thank you for your well-wishes! :) They really mean a lot! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dots are uber cute! I really hope your dad feels better...bronchitis is awful...I hope your test goes alright. Glucose tests are always a bummer because of the fasting...hopefully you won't feel too lightheaded...

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Jayne: Thank you so much!! Thankfully when I got to the clinic, the time it took for me to wait and get my blood drawn combined was 5 minutes!!! :D I walked in and out in 5 minutes! :D I was seriously happy, hahaha. I then crammed a bunch of almonds into my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! And I love the blue glitter look! =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I love your glitter manicure! Super neat layering skills you've got there :)

    hope your dad feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ ScarsLikeLace: Thank you very much!! :D Blue + Glitter = Happy Ashesela XD

    @ Jette Fromm: Thank you so very much!! I really appreciate it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...