Saturday, December 10, 2011

Red to Gold Gradient




Good evening, dear readers!

I hope that everyone has been having a great weekend so far. :D

Today my plans got all screwed up and we didn't end up going to the reunion, which sucked. >:( But, I cheered myself up a bit by talking with loved ones, and giving myself a sparkly gradient manicure!

For this manicure I started with two coats of China Glaze Poinsettia. I then added two coats of China Glaze Ring in the Red. After that, I sponged some Orly Luxe onto the bottom of the nail. I had difficulty sponging this polish on evenly, as it is a VERY pigmented polish (don't get me wrong, it is awesome! :D If you are looking for a pale gold polish, I can't recommend anything better than this!). To even out the gradient, I then sponged some China Glaze White Cap on the tips and higher up on the nail, and it's golden shimmer really helped. Man, I love that polish! I also sponged some Sephora by O.P.I Only Gold for Me on the tips, to give it some added sparkle.

Wow, I said "sponged" waaay too many times in this post!

Anyhoo, that's all it took! :D Very fun and I think it is a lovely and festive combination!

Have a wonderful Saturday night, everyone! I hope that you are doing well and staying safe! ^-^

-Ashesela

16 comments:

  1. this is looks gorgeous, i love how u pick two colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I must obtain Orly Luxe - it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those colours look AWESOME gradiented together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ YoannitaL: Thank you very much!! :D

    @ Crystal: Thank you! I highly recommend it!

    @ Allie-bee: I love the combination too! I was very happy with the results! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Shannara: Thank you very much!! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Nail Reflections: :D!!!! Thank you ^-^!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo coool! It's nice to see a non-cheesy Xmas mani ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Jayne: Hahah! Thank you! :D Although I do love the cheesy ones too XD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Parisa: Thank you very much! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!! I may need to try this one. Very xmas-y!!! I'd love to see how you might incorporate some green in there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Polish and Charms: Thank you!! :D

    @ Patricia Colucci: I'm thinking of doing the same manicure but with green instead of red. I think that would look great with gold tips too!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...