Friday, December 02, 2011

Poinsettia Manicure






Hello again, dear readers!

I wanted to leave this post for today (Friday) so I would, well, have something to post! XD I may be a bit busy this weekend so I can't guarantee any new posts until Monday or Tuesday (but I will try!!).

I did this manicure yesterday over the swatch of Orly Luxe. I used China Glaze Poinsettia, Ring in the Red, Glittering Garland, Winter Berry, Velvet Bow and Holly-Day. I then made a dot of clear top coat in the middle of each flower and added some loose gold glitter (gotta love that stuff!). When that was dry and I had wiped away most of the extra glitter, I dabbed on a bit more top coat and applied three gold blob-things for the centre of each flower. Then came the generous coat of China Glaze Fast Forward top coat.

For these photos I used a light box, and flash in some photos and not in others.

I think these are really fun, and I managed to keep them on all day! Usually I get bored of a manicure fast or get some new inspiration and wipe my nails clean for the next mani. ^-^ My poor cuticles!

Anyhoo, have a WONDERFUL Friday, and an amazing weekend. :)

-Ashesela

10 comments:

  1. I see you got bored with your nails ;-) You have much more patience than I to do a poinsettia on each nail! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! ^-^ I am actually working on a new manicure right now, hahahah!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are Lovely! still love that gold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful and festive! nice detail work

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, there's no way you did this by hand. This is a special edition Sally Hansen Salon Strips design isn't it? There's no way! They are perfect! Your talent is uncanny! AMAZING work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Nail Reflections: Thank you very much!! Me too. ^-^

    @ Julia: Thanks so much!! :D

    @ Nailed it: YAY thank you so much for your kind comments!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh these are adorable! I'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so nice! You're talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg they are so nice! how do you do these so well on your other hand? lol. i can do cute stuff on my left had but not my right!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Allie-bee: Thank you so much!! :D

    @ Sandra: Thank you for your kind comment!! :D

    @ LittleMonsterx14: Thank you so much! To be honest, I don't always do both hands. I can, but it would take a LOT longer than my left hand. I usually do a manicure for photos and less than 24 hours later wipe it off to try out a new one, so I don't always bother with the right. ^_^ It just takes practice. I can write with my left hand from practice, but still not as well as my dominant hand, hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...