New Year Nails Gold and Silver

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good morning, dear readers!

How are you this fine day?  Got any exciting plans for celebrating the coming of the new year? :D
I don't! XD  My goal is to get better and to be able to sleep.  Gosh, do I ever miss sleeping.  I keep trying to catch snatches of it here and there, but every couple of hours or so I wake up and can't sleep any more.  :'(  Stupid congestion!

Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments and for being so supportive of my blog during this last year.  I appreciate each and every one of you, and am so fortunate to have such amazing and wonderful readers!!  I couldn't ask for better support on here, and inspiration! :D  You are all so talented and kind, and make me feel so great to be a part of this wonderful community!

Now onto the nails!

As promised, here is my second new years manicure!





For this look I used a base of China Glaze Champagne Bubbles (I know!!  I'm wearing a yellow gold!! :O This is a colour I usually will never wear!) with splotches (failed stars, hehe!) of China Glaze Icicle.  I then used a glitter mini Sally Girl polish that has large and small silver glitter, then blobbed on some loose fine silver glitter from the dollar store.  Oh yeah, I love the dollar store! :D  For the numbers I used my black It's So Easy nail striper polish thingymaboober (another awesome Christmas present!! :D) and then I was done!  Oh yeah, before I added the numbers I added a coat of China Glaze Fast Forward top coat.  I didn't bother adding another after the numbers, because I was lazy and didn't care.  XD

I thought that Champagne Bubbles would be perfect for New Years because of the name and colour.  I am also glad to have an excuse to wear this polish, as it was probably feeling lonely being the least used out of my Let it Snow collection.  ^-^

The glitter bursts remind me of fireworks and/or champagne spray after the bottle has been shaken and opened!  But I am a little dopey in the head with sick right now, so it could just be me.  XD

My Mom had a wonderful idea of painting a champagne bottle on the thumb nail, but I got tired and lazy and didn't do it.  :S  Really good idea!  I should really try that next year! :D

On another note, I just finished my chocolate letter that I got on Christmas, and I could actually taste it!  YAY!  Chocolate letters (mine was A for my first name :D) are given out at Christmas time as a Dutch tradition.  My grandmother came to Canada from Holland, and I am lucky to have access to many a Dutch treat from a special grocery store.  :D  They also celebrate Christmas on December 5th, so I should use that as an excuse to celebrate all month long.  XD  Actually all of my grandparents moved to Canada from different countries.  My grandmother on my fathers side came from Holland, and my grandfather came from Czechoslovakia when the two countries were still combined.  My grandmother on my mothers side came from Ireland and my other grandfather came from England.  Both of my parents were born here in Canada. :D

Sorry about rambling! XD

I wish all of you a wonderful and amazing new year!!  I hope that 2012 is an awesome year for you and your loved ones.  Stay safe and have fun!! :D

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

27 comments

  1. I liked your rambling and I love both of your New Year's manicures :-)
    It's lovely to hear that you appreciate your readers, you definitely deserve all your followers and I'm sure your blog will continue to grow :-) I look forward to many great posts from you in the year to come and wish you a very happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Laura: :'D You are so sweet!!! :D Thank you so much for your kindness. I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful nails this upcoming year, and I hope that you have a wonderful 2012!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ramblings. I like hearing/reading others talk because I love talking too. lol...

    It's so cool that you have such great mixtures of culture/background. Amazingness!

    I am glad you're putting your Christmas gifts to use.
    Your 2nd new year mani looks great. I love the 2012 written on each nail. No better way to ring in the year than to state what year it is! And Oh yes dear, I see the champagne bubbles thingy, it's not your sickness talking. :-)

    I really do hope you get better soon. Thanks for having such an awesome blog, and for commenting on my blog too. You are a cool blog-friend to have, and I wish you a very wonderful and exciting, full of amazing nail polishes and lots of nail art 2012. Lol...

    See ya in the New year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Lizzy O: Thank you so much for being so sweet!! :D I am very lucky to have you looking at my blog. :D I hope that you have such a wonderful 2012, and I am excited to see what new manicures you will be posting this upcoming year! You are a great blog-friend and I wish you the best! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great!!
    Still don't know what to do with mine ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these look AMAZING! Haha, I like your rambling. It's always nice to read longer posts. It makes it last longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ drinkcitra: Thank you so much!! :D !! I'm glad that you don't mind the rambling!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Perfect for the NYE.
    Have a great New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, seriously, before I even read your description, I thought to myself, "Wow! That looks like champagne spraying in the air at a New Year's celebration. Nice!" I'm not kidding!!! Great job on the mani!!! It's very fun and festive, perfect for New Year's Eve!

    Glad you're getting better. I hope you get that sleep that you're wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this (and I usually HATE gold and silver together) :) I kinda want to repaint my nails now! I hope you feel better soon, if it's any consolation I'm staying in (alone) tonight too- my friends are all doing family stuff, and my family is all going out!
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Shannara: Thank you very much!! :D I didn't have much of a set plan with mine; I kinda just went with the flow. ^-^ Happy new year! :D

    @ Sandra: Thank you very much! :D Have a great new year! ^-^

    @ MariJo: Hahaha yay!!! :D Thank you so much! :D I hope that you have a wonderful new year!!

    @ GretalRabbit: Aw thank you so much!! :D Another internet friend staying at home today! I hope that you have a wonderful evening and a fantastic new year! :d ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful! You out did your self! I think blogs are good for us ramblers! If we did having we would look crazy always talking to our selves and nothing or everything! =) Have fun tonite!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ha ha typo - Did not have. No I wasn't drinking! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Nail Reflections: Hahha!! I still talk to myself and to my sisters cat! XD I hope that you have fun too, and a fantastic new year! ^-^

    @ Parisa: Thank you so much and happy new year!!! :D

    @ Polish and Charms: Thank you muchlies!! :D Have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love this! this is so creative and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ YoannitaL: Thank you so much!! :D It was really fun to make! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun metallic combo! I really like the yellow gold on you-it's tough to pull off and I know you said you don't wear it often but I think it looks wonderful on you! Also the chocolate letters tradition sounds very cool. Makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @ Chelsea: Thank you so much!! :D Yeah I usually stay waaay away from yellow golds, lol. I think they look lovely, just not on me. ^-^ Thank you for the compliment!! :D I hope that you have a wonderful New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are really pretty! I am not a gold person either, but it's wonderful on New Years! =D

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ ScarsLikeLace: Thank you so much!! :D I agree about using it on New Years. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, that is a perfect New Years mani! Great job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ Lindsey R: Thank you so much!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. @ Kia: Thank you so much!! ^-^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D