Friday, December 09, 2011

Half-Assed Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blizzard Blue Manicure




Good morning, dear readers!!

I apologize for how half-assed this manicure is. I wanted to try out a new polish that I got (for $1.99 yay!! It usually retails for like $4-something!) Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blizzard Blue. It is a very sheer colour, and I decided that I was going to layer it over black and see how it looked.

Well! Let me tell you, it was GORGEOUS!! :D Blizzard Blue is a light frosty blue with a green colour-shift, and it looked amazing over the black! It was interesting; it almost removed all the blue and mainly showed the green. Stunning! (Edit: but seeing these pictures, it is mainly showing the blue! I guess it really depends on the light. Also stunning!)

Unfortunately I squashed a couple of my newly done nails (the thumb and the middle tip) so it looks a bit wonky. I also decided to 'spice it up' by adding some iridescent bar glitter (I freakin' love that stuff!) but I half-assed it by just blobbing it on with my finger and jamming my nail tips into the jar o' glitter. >.< I took pictures and then removed the manicure, and then I saw how the pictures came out.

UGH! For one I didn't cover ALL of the black with Blizzard Blue, the smush on the middle finger is so noticeable, and the bar glitter should have been applied with more *ahem* care. I also saw how much glitter was dangling off of the nail. Sigh. Please forgive me for this one, readers.

BONUS: A picture of me sporting some black nails! It is rare for me to do this, hehe.

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone! I promise to put more effort into my next mani. ^-^;

Until next time!

-Ashesela

(P.S., Oh yeah, for the black I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out. This is a FANTASTIC black polish! Opaque in two coats, smooths on like butter and dries decently fast! Cant go wrong!)

6 comments:

  1. That is an awesome effect, and even better that it was on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! :D I was very pleasantly surprised!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black Out is the best. So glad I picked it up! Works great for stamping too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Crystal: I was very impressed by it!! It goes on so smooth and pigmented, and looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Nail Reflections: Isn't it a gorgeous blue?? And I so love the name!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...