Monday, December 12, 2011

China Glaze Ahoy! Swatch




Good morning, dear readers!

Today I have China Glaze Ahoy! from the Anchors Away collection to show you! :D Yesterday I had a lot of fun. My Dad, sister and I went out shopping, and we stopped at Sally's Beauty Supply. My sister was like "pick any 3 polishes you want" for my Christmas present. I was so happy!! XD So this polish is one of the three. :D I look forward to showing you the other two soon. ^-^ She also got me another hand moisturiser (the Beyond Belief ones that I love!) in Pomegranate Fig. Such a warm, delicious scent!! :D

This is such a lovely polish! It is a pink-red, with what seems to be golden shimmer in it. Because the shimmer is coated in the polish, it doesn't look quite gold on the nail, but in the photos you should be able to see what I mean. :)

Application was fantastic! This one is a bit runny, but if you make sure not to have too much polish on your brush it goes exactly where you want it to! It took 2-3 coats, and is pretty nicely pigmented. It's a bit difficult when saying how many coats, as everyone applies polish differently.

I now have 3 polishes from the Anchor's Away collection, and that makes me very happy! :D

Look at those fuzzies on my nails! Sheesh! Those buggers just pop out of nowhere!!




Because I wanted to do something a little fun with this polish, I decided to put some sparkle on it. It is a beautiful multi-size glitter polish with a light blue tinted base by Sally Girl. Unfortunately the mini Sally Girl polishes (which are absolutely great btw!!) don't have names on them, so I took a bottle shot for you to show you what I used.

Oooh look at that little sparkle that is trying to jump off the end of the nail! Don't do it! It's not worth it!!!

Anyhoo, have a wonderful Monday and I hope that your week is wonderful!! ^-^

-Ashesela

10 comments:

  1. Lovely shade, the layering is very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Shannara: Thank you! :D I'm glad you like it! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shimmer in this! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Laura: I completely agree!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha They jumped! I love it! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Nail Reflections: XD!! Thanks muchlies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Idk if I really like this red or not. It almost looks more shimmery than glittery and shimmer reds and I don't get along! =P It looks great on you, though! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a new follower, popping in to say hello! I love Ahoy, it looks great on you!! That little Sally's glitter is cool too, it kind of reminds me of OPI Last Friday Night =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ ScarsLikeLace: Thank you! ^-^ It is an interesting pink-red. I LOVE shimmer and glitter both XD. YAY sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Jacqui: Thank you very much, Jacqui! :D I appreciate your interest in this blog! ^-^ Wow, Last Friday Night is gorgeous! I didn't know about it until you mentioned it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Products I'm Really Enjoying Right Now

Good afternoon, dear readers! Today's post is about some of products that I've been enjoying lately!  Swatches (where applicable) ...