DIY Nail Polish Rack :D!

Monday, November 28, 2011


Hello dear readers,


I hope that the weekend treated you well! On Saturday I had decided to take the plunge and make my own nail polish rack! OOOOH BOY!! I LOVE it!! XD

Seriously though, it took me HOURS to make it. I really suck at it, but it was fun having a project like this.

I picked up two foam core boards at Wal-mart for about $6.99 each (so expensive, but I didn't feel like walking all the way to the local art store) and I already had a hot glue gun, glue sticks, a ruler and an exacto knife, so I only paid about $15 for it all.

It was a bit frustrating to make since either my exacto blade wasn't very sharp, or I just sucked at using it (or both!) so my edges were all wonky. I also used at least 20 thin glue sticks, got glue everywhere, and burned myself in the process. Still worth it. ^-^

Since the glue, wonky edges and peeling paper were pretty ugly, I decided to add fake snow to the rack and sticky foam snowflakes. I love winter and this fits in with my bedroom theme perfectly!

It was mounted to the wall with nails and a stud finder was used to make sure the nails went into the wooden beams to ensure sturdiness.

It does look like I will have to make a new one very soon... ;)

Have a wonderful Monday, everyone!

-Ashesela

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That is awesome! You did a great job! Your snowman is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you very much!! :'D It was so much work because I as so bad at it, hahah. Definitely worth it though! I've had that snowman for many years, and I have another one that looks like a melting snowman. XD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D