Content

Saturday, 23 October 2010

Illumination + Pumpkin Cookies

It is after 3:00 a.m. again, oh well. The good news is, I made some wonderful pumpkin cookies at like 1:00 a.m. this morning! :D They were delicious! I like middle of the night baking, it can be quite fun!

My boyfriend had mentioned that he wanted cookies, and I thought "hmm, yeah... cookies would be really good..." and since we had the ingredients for these, I had to make them. I will include a link for the recipe. Man, do they ever smell wonderful! Perfect for fall.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/iced-pumpkin-cookies/Detail.aspx

I did however change a few things, I used light margerine instead of butter, I substituted 1/2 cup of the white sugar for brown, and I added only 1/2 tsp of cloves and added 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice instead of the nutmeg. It turned out so good! Plus, I used an extra large egg. Sometimes I find the cookies can use a bit more time in the oven, so just keep an eye on them. Also, I find that these cookies are not so much "cookie"-like, as they are cake/top of muffin-like. So good.
(My sister likes them, and she hates pumpkin). The taste is reminiscent of spice cake. <3







Here are some photos of my first illumitated letters. I got some gilding supplies for my birthday from my family, and I made this piece in August for my sister.








4 comments:

  1. I would really like to find an agate burnishing tool, but I don't think that there are too many places selling them around Ottawa :P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies sound and look delicious! yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your illumination is fantastic! So strange -- I just started studying Japanese Kanji and found looked into some illumination books. Gold leaf is so tricky -- I can never seem to keep gold leaf in one place.

    Also, your cookies look awesome! I edit a breakfast blog called Enjoy Life With Breakfast -- you should totally be a contributing writer and share your recipes and late night / early morning foodventures!

    We actually just posted about eating breakfast at midnight! Check it out: http://www.enjoylifewithbreakfast.com/breakfast-at-night-midnight/

    ReplyDelete
  4. kat7195 thank you very much, they really are! I just had another one. ^_^ :D They are also very moist cookies, so if they are completely wrapped up they get even more squishy.

    ChristopherR2D2 Thank you very much as well! I really like illumination, I was very lucky to be given supplies from my family.

    Wow, Kanji is so difficult! I have been studying Nihongo as well, but I'm still on hiragana and katakana. I have ADHD (although it really isn't the hyperactive kind :P) and even though I want to study really well my mind wanders a lot, and my studying doesn't go as well as I would like... lol.

    My friend T helps me with my Japanese, but I am shy with trying to pronounce words in front of her, I usually just help her with any questions she has about english. Good luck on your training!

    I will definately check out the link you posted. It's hard to pass breakfast at night, and of course, the wonderful brinner!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :D

Lovely Readers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Google+ Followers


Use code 'art evolve' for 10% off of your KKCenterHk order!

About Me

My Photo

Heyo!  I am the writer behind Art Evolve, a blog about things and stuff, that I update sometimes.  >:D

I have a serious love for books, gaming, and general sci-fi and fantasy things.

I also love music and art, and hope to become a better musician and artist as time goes on.

I just started playing Magic: The Gathering again after a looooong break (11 years!?!), and it is awesome.  I hope to become a better Magic player too, because I'm not that great at it heheheh.

I was introduced to edh last (I think?) month, and it has quickly become a favourite format.

UPDATE: Wow, that was in March of last year!  Time really flies!  Definitely not magnificent at it, but still on the Magic train and much better at it than last year.  XD

OH!  I also do MTG altered art, which I recently started and it is seriously fun and rewarding.  Magic + art practice?  Aw yeah!! :D

What else, what else...  I like video games, and play on both PC and console (PS!!).  I love rpg's and some good shooters, and killing zombies is a plus.

I love chocolate, tea and coffee.  I smoke cigarettes, which is stupid, so don't ever smoke cigarettes because it is stupid.

I also really like food.  Too much so.  Especially crunchy things!  I seriously need to get some bubble tea because it has been way too long.

I love to study but my ADHD makes it a bit difficult (a lot difficult, because remembering things can be kinda rediculous).  I also have obsessive compulsive disorder which sucks.  And anxiety disorders, which suck.

Favourite subjects include: astronomy, nihongo, art, geology, stuff like that.

HAVE AT YOU, KNAVE!  *slaps*
Created by: twitter website widget

Fish

Gnome!

Gnome!
(not my image)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts